The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

External Links First Going To Advertisement Page

Go down

External Links First Going To Advertisement Page Empty External Links First Going To Advertisement Page

Post by Kenwood July 6th 2010, 7:49 am

A question/concern.

Maybe this has always been the way of things, but it's the first time I've noticed it. I recently posted a link to Rapidshare on my forum. When clicked, it first goes to an advertisement page. You have to then click another link to move on to the Rapidshare page. This doesn't happen when posting all links, though.

So I did some testing of things. Megaupload links went to the advertisement page, as did links to Mediafire. I tried some other file sharing sites, like yousendit, 4shared, and filehippo. Those were fine.

But then I noticed another megaupload link that transposed fine, no advertisement page. Weird. The difference between that and others was a simple slash ( / ) after .com. So I did more tests, all links including the slash. Mediafire, yousendit, and 4shared went to the advertisement page. Filehippo did not. I tried others, like fileden, and they went straight to the site.

So I don't know what the determining factor is. All of the links post normally without the slash, but many do not once you add that slash, which is obviously necessary when linking anywhere besides those sites' main page.

Anyone know what this is all about? The advertisement link seems harmless, but an official word on it would be helpful.

Thanks!
Kenwood

Language : English

Back to top Go down