The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing appearance of forum

3 posters

Go down

Changing appearance of forum Empty Changing appearance of forum

Post by MasterOfKings July 7th 2010, 10:09 am

Hey all,

I have a few questions about how to change specific parts of my forum...

1. At the bottom of the forum's home page, there is a Legend showing the User Groups, when you hover over it, the underline is the same color as the text. I want the underline for all links to be the same as the text, but this isn't so. The underline is red under all links other than that of Legend. I'm still using the basic CSS (deactivated Basic CSS, but CSS Stylesheet in use IS the basic CSS). So what do I change so that the underline is the same color as the text?

2. The code box and quote are important parts of my forum, but I can't find where I can edit them. I need the code box to fill 90% of the forum post (the message part), but I think it's frozen at 600px (according to forum source code). I need it to be a percentage (as I said earlier). Where do I go to change it? This applies to the quote box as well. Also, is there a way to give them borders if they don't have any normally? I've found a template containing the width, etc, but when I change it, save it and publish it, it doesn't change the size of the code box.. Ideas?

3. How/where do you change the font size of topic descriptions? I need them to be smaller than normal text.

4. How can you set the default for 'Always show signatures in posts' to Yes. Right now it's default is No, and I can't find anywhere to change it.

All help is welcome! Thanks.

-MoK

Last edited by MasterOfKings on July 8th 2010, 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total
MasterOfKings
MasterOfKings
Forumember

Male Posts : 89
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Changing appearance of forum Empty Re: Changing appearance of forum

Post by Gramagamus Online July 7th 2010, 2:02 pm

1. I'm not sure.
2. You can't edit the BBCode uses.
3. You can edit all the text sizes, but not one in particular, I don't think.
Gramagamus Online
Gramagamus Online
Forumember

Male Posts : 441
Language : English | HTML |

http://gramagamus.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren July 7th 2010, 2:07 pm

Well, number 1 and 2 goes to expert CSS users, but apparently I ain't one of them Razz

On number 3 - I'm afraid it's not possible :| But if you're talking about FORUM descriptions, you can use HTML. But topic description, I don't think you can.
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Forumember

Female Posts : 288
Language : English, Indonesian

http://belgianreporter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterOfKings July 7th 2010, 2:17 pm

1. Expert CSS users? Any idea how I contact them?

2. Can't be done you say? Well, how come I just found a template for BBCode? And guess what? Code box and quote box widths are inside it... Although, it doesn't seem to be changing it.

3. Impossible? Oh well...

-MoK
MasterOfKings
MasterOfKings
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren July 7th 2010, 2:24 pm

Well I don't think support by PM is allowed... Maybe you can add in your topic title [Need help for CSS] to attract CSS experts Razz
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Forumember

Female Posts : 288
Language : English, Indonesian

http://belgianreporter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterOfKings July 7th 2010, 2:35 pm

Yeah.

For number 2.. this seems a bit odd...
This part is in the source of a topic with a code box in use...
..."><div style="width:600px; overflow:auto;" ...
Now, that is exactly the same as the stuff I just found in a template for BBCode which was called code_open (code_close has nothing of importance in it).

I changed it to width of 1000px, saved and published. Checked the forum, and it hasn't changed! I don't get it... Ideas?

-MoK

PS: Can anyone tell me why I can't send PMs? I know I should contact an admin, but how if I can't send them a PM?
Is there some condition that needs to be met before it suddenly works? (i've deleted the email with confirmation link, so hopefully I didn't click on the wrong link).
MasterOfKings
MasterOfKings
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterOfKings July 10th 2010, 11:35 am

BUMP. I mainly need help with the BBCode part. The template didn't change anything.

-MoK
MasterOfKings
MasterOfKings
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum