The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

More Chatbox Configurations!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do You Agree With More Chatbox Configurations?

77% 77% 
[ 20 ]
23% 23% 
[ 6 ]
 
Total Votes : 26

More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 9th 2010, 6:11 am

First topic message reminder :

The configurations for the chatbox are very limited and i've been breaking my head with working around these problems.

Suggestions for the Chatbox

  • There's No option for the chatbox to appear on all pages of the site. Please add one.

  • You are stuck with the alignment of the chatboxes set up and have no way (or no easy way) to change the alignment. Such as putting the members logged in on the right side, putting the text box on the left side, etc.. Please make it possible to change this.

  • There's No option to allow guest to use the chatbox. Please add one.

  • There's No option to set the chatbox on "auto-login" so whoever signs into the site is automatically logged into the chatbox. Please add one.

  • Please add a configuration option for the idle, auto-log out set up. I would like to increase the idle time or perhaps have members never auto-log out. Unless of course they choose to click log-out themselves.

  • When I post a link of a topic in the chatbox, the chatbox itself opens up the message.. o_O. Please fix this so that any on site links posted in the chatbox take you directly to that post and doesnt open up inside the chatbox window.

  • Please add an option to put a icon (of our choice) next to the Admins and Moderators name instead of having an "@" symbol.

  • When i set the chatbox as an iframe on the site, Guest are stuck with looking at a big black space that says "Chatbox Not Available" or something like that. There is no way I can remove this unless I stop setting the Chatbox as an iframe code. However If I do that, I will not be able to have the chatbox display on every window. This can be easily fixed if we had an option to display the chatbox on everypage (literally all pages even while posting.)

  • Allow the chatbox to have a media player. Something that users can put a youtube video and it plays next to the chatbox. Just like the SMF chatbox.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Gramagamus Online on July 18th 2010, 10:24 am

There's something else that would be good to be able to select: the bar flashes when someone talks, like it does on MSN.

Gramagamus Online
Forumember

Male Posts : 441
Reputation : 0
Language : English | HTML |
Location : Australia

http://gramagamus.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Caihlem on July 18th 2010, 2:44 pm

@SPADEZ wrote:Lazy? 99% of the people here agree with this topic, so what does that tell you?

That 99% of 17 people are lazy mwii

@SPADEZ wrote:Popularity wins the vote, and based on the majority here, its quite clear that its not being "lazy" its simply looking for convenience.

Isn't that the same thing said differently? ouou

Finally, some people disagree. It doesn't mean they are wrong or right, same goes for you. You obviously believe it's necessary, we don't. No one here is wrong or right.
I intend on talking to you as if you were a 10 year old because that's how you're answering me Wink

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Reputation : 330
Language : English, French & Female
Location : You can't fly like the phenix

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 18th 2010, 9:33 pm

@Caihlem wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:Lazy? 99% of the people here agree with this topic, so what does that tell you?

That 99% of 17 people are lazy mwii

@SPADEZ wrote:Popularity wins the vote, and based on the majority here, its quite clear that its not being "lazy" its simply looking for convenience.

Isn't that the same thing said differently? ouou

Finally, some people disagree. It doesn't mean they are wrong or right, same goes for you. You obviously believe it's necessary, we don't. No one here is wrong or right.
I intend on talking to you as if you were a 10 year old because that's how you're answering me Wink
If you feel the need to talk to 10 year olds, go else where. My conversation with you is done. Clearly I already shut you up in my first reply to you huhohi , that's all I got to say about it, no need to get off topic by feeding into your pathetic attempts to insult me. As you said, to each is own, meaning everybody has their opinion. Just 18 of 19 people in this thread has a smarter opinion. Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by LH Justin on July 19th 2010, 12:18 am

@SPADEZ wrote:
@Caihlem wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:Lazy? 99% of the people here agree with this topic, so what does that tell you?

That 99% of 17 people are lazy mwii

@SPADEZ wrote:Popularity wins the vote, and based on the majority here, its quite clear that its not being "lazy" its simply looking for convenience.

Isn't that the same thing said differently? ouou

Finally, some people disagree. It doesn't mean they are wrong or right, same goes for you. You obviously believe it's necessary, we don't. No one here is wrong or right.
I intend on talking to you as if you were a 10 year old because that's how you're answering me Wink
If you feel the need to talk to 10 year olds, go else where. My conversation with you is done. Clearly I already shut you up in my first reply to you huhohi , that's all I got to say about it, no need to get off topic by feeding into your pathetic attempts to insult me. As you said, to each is own, meaning everybody has their opinion. Just 18 of 19 people in this thread has a smarter opinion. Wink
Actually you are clearly acting like you have no sense and aren't contributing to the topic at all. Just because someone has a different opinion it doesn't mean they are stupid. You are the one that needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 19th 2010, 4:33 am

@LH Justin wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:
@Caihlem wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:Lazy? 99% of the people here agree with this topic, so what does that tell you?

That 99% of 17 people are lazy mwii

@SPADEZ wrote:Popularity wins the vote, and based on the majority here, its quite clear that its not being "lazy" its simply looking for convenience.

Isn't that the same thing said differently? ouou

Finally, some people disagree. It doesn't mean they are wrong or right, same goes for you. You obviously believe it's necessary, we don't. No one here is wrong or right.
I intend on talking to you as if you were a 10 year old because that's how you're answering me Wink
If you feel the need to talk to 10 year olds, go else where. My conversation with you is done. Clearly I already shut you up in my first reply to you huhohi , that's all I got to say about it, no need to get off topic by feeding into your pathetic attempts to insult me. As you said, to each is own, meaning everybody has their opinion. Just 18 of 19 people in this thread has a smarter opinion. Wink
Actually you are clearly acting like you have no sense and aren't contributing to the topic at all. Just because someone has a different opinion it doesn't mean they are stupid. You are the one that needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
No contribution to the topic? In case you forgot kid, I'm the one who created this topic. I think you need to learn to respect and watch YOUR mouth. Again let me tell you this as well, I'm done with this conversation, it's getting old and redundant having a debate about this. I think we have issues with the chatbox that need work, and you apparently don't think so. So you go your way and i'll go mine.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by LH Justin on July 19th 2010, 7:26 am

@SPADEZ wrote:
@LH Justin wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:
@Caihlem wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:Lazy? 99% of the people here agree with this topic, so what does that tell you?

That 99% of 17 people are lazy mwii

@SPADEZ wrote:Popularity wins the vote, and based on the majority here, its quite clear that its not being "lazy" its simply looking for convenience.

Isn't that the same thing said differently? ouou

Finally, some people disagree. It doesn't mean they are wrong or right, same goes for you. You obviously believe it's necessary, we don't. No one here is wrong or right.
I intend on talking to you as if you were a 10 year old because that's how you're answering me Wink
If you feel the need to talk to 10 year olds, go else where. My conversation with you is done. Clearly I already shut you up in my first reply to you huhohi , that's all I got to say about it, no need to get off topic by feeding into your pathetic attempts to insult me. As you said, to each is own, meaning everybody has their opinion. Just 18 of 19 people in this thread has a smarter opinion. Wink
Actually you are clearly acting like you have no sense and aren't contributing to the topic at all. Just because someone has a different opinion it doesn't mean they are stupid. You are the one that needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
No contribution to the topic? In case you forgot kid, I'm the one who created this topic. I think you need to learn to respect and watch YOUR mouth. Again let me tell you this as well, I'm done with this conversation, it's getting old and redundant having a debate about this. I think we have issues with the chatbox that need work, and you apparently don't think so. So you go your way and i'll go mine.
Excuse me? First of all telling people they're wrong and that they're stupid isn't contribution to the topic, I don't care who made it. Secondly, you don't have the right to call me a kid seeing as you're the one acting extremely immature. You are the one that needs to shut your mouth seeing as how every time you open it something stupid comes out. If this is getting old to you then next time you should try to avoid being an asshole to other members.

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Something Clever on July 19th 2010, 7:47 am

-walks into thread-

Now where's a mod? We're now completely off topic and if you wouldn't mind I would to say that I disagree with all these configurations and nonsense.

Why in the world would you want any guests to have access to the chatbox? I imagine moderating a guest in a chatbox would be more difficult, plus highly confusing. If multiple guests were to sign on, how would they change their usernames? How would adminstrating/moderating them work? Now this is simply silly.

Also, NEVER idle out of the chat? This would make things HIGHLY confusing (not to mention misleading) in the chat. We would never know when the person is logged out until we go back to the "who's online" thing. Although, I DO think idle time should be longer than 15 minutes. -shrug- I agree with you there xP

Now, I did agree with you on ONE thing, though:

•When I post a link of a topic in the chatbox, the chatbox itself opens up the message.. o_O. Please fix this so that any on site links posted in the chatbox take you directly to that post and doesnt open up inside the chatbox window.

THAT is something that I think would be a nice fix for the forum instead of a frivoulous update.

Don't expect me to come back into this thread to argue with you guys, cause I really don't care enough. xD I just wanted to talk some sense into the OP because the major of these configurations are frivolous and require more work on the staff's part, or just make things inconvienient for everyone.

G'day.

-walks out of thread-

Something Clever
Forumember

Posts : 37
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 19th 2010, 7:52 am

@LH Justin wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:
@LH Justin wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:
@Caihlem wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:Lazy? 99% of the people here agree with this topic, so what does that tell you?

That 99% of 17 people are lazy mwii

@SPADEZ wrote:Popularity wins the vote, and based on the majority here, its quite clear that its not being "lazy" its simply looking for convenience.

Isn't that the same thing said differently? ouou

Finally, some people disagree. It doesn't mean they are wrong or right, same goes for you. You obviously believe it's necessary, we don't. No one here is wrong or right.
I intend on talking to you as if you were a 10 year old because that's how you're answering me Wink
If you feel the need to talk to 10 year olds, go else where. My conversation with you is done. Clearly I already shut you up in my first reply to you huhohi , that's all I got to say about it, no need to get off topic by feeding into your pathetic attempts to insult me. As you said, to each is own, meaning everybody has their opinion. Just 18 of 19 people in this thread has a smarter opinion. Wink
Actually you are clearly acting like you have no sense and aren't contributing to the topic at all. Just because someone has a different opinion it doesn't mean they are stupid. You are the one that needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
No contribution to the topic? In case you forgot kid, I'm the one who created this topic. I think you need to learn to respect and watch YOUR mouth. Again let me tell you this as well, I'm done with this conversation, it's getting old and redundant having a debate about this. I think we have issues with the chatbox that need work, and you apparently don't think so. So you go your way and i'll go mine.
Excuse me? First of all telling people they're wrong and that they're stupid isn't contribution to the topic, I don't care who made it. Secondly, you don't have the right to call me a kid seeing as you're the one acting extremely immature. You are the one that needs to shut your mouth seeing as how every time you open it something stupid comes out. If this is getting old to you then next time you should try to avoid being an asshole to other members.
Again, if I'm the one who created the topic, I'm obviously the one who
contributed the topic itself, period, obviously you don't comprehend
that. Don't put words in my mouth either, I never called anyone here
stupid, take it how you want it. Yes, you are a 15 year old kid acting
like he knows it all. You are what you are, accept it, kid. Also stop
acting tough behind a computer telling people to watch their mouth and
to shut it. If you were here I'd shut yours for you. And before you go
around calling people an "asshole" you should read up a few post and see
why I got defensive when the other guy started ridiculing me and the
topic. Grow up kid and GTFO this topic. I'm done with you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by LH Justin on July 19th 2010, 8:08 am

@SPADEZ wrote:
@LH Justin wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:
@LH Justin wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:
@Caihlem wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:Lazy? 99% of the people here agree with this topic, so what does that tell you?

That 99% of 17 people are lazy mwii

@SPADEZ wrote:Popularity wins the vote, and based on the majority here, its quite clear that its not being "lazy" its simply looking for convenience.

Isn't that the same thing said differently? ouou

Finally, some people disagree. It doesn't mean they are wrong or right, same goes for you. You obviously believe it's necessary, we don't. No one here is wrong or right.
I intend on talking to you as if you were a 10 year old because that's how you're answering me Wink
If you feel the need to talk to 10 year olds, go else where. My conversation with you is done. Clearly I already shut you up in my first reply to you huhohi , that's all I got to say about it, no need to get off topic by feeding into your pathetic attempts to insult me. As you said, to each is own, meaning everybody has their opinion. Just 18 of 19 people in this thread has a smarter opinion. Wink
Actually you are clearly acting like you have no sense and aren't contributing to the topic at all. Just because someone has a different opinion it doesn't mean they are stupid. You are the one that needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
No contribution to the topic? In case you forgot kid, I'm the one who created this topic. I think you need to learn to respect and watch YOUR mouth. Again let me tell you this as well, I'm done with this conversation, it's getting old and redundant having a debate about this. I think we have issues with the chatbox that need work, and you apparently don't think so. So you go your way and i'll go mine.
Excuse me? First of all telling people they're wrong and that they're stupid isn't contribution to the topic, I don't care who made it. Secondly, you don't have the right to call me a kid seeing as you're the one acting extremely immature. You are the one that needs to shut your mouth seeing as how every time you open it something stupid comes out. If this is getting old to you then next time you should try to avoid being an asshole to other members.
Again, if I'm the one who created the topic, I'm obviously the one who
contributed the topic itself, period, obviously you don't comprehend
that. Don't put words in my mouth either, I never called anyone here
stupid, take it how you want it. Yes, you are a 15 year old kid acting
like he knows it all. You are what you are, accept it, kid. Also stop
acting tough behind a computer telling people to watch their mouth and
to shut it. If you were here I'd shut yours for you. And before you go
around calling people an "asshole" you should read up a few post and see
why I got defensive when the other guy started ridiculing me and the
topic. Grow up kid and GTFO this topic. I'm done with you.
Creating a topic and yelling at people is contributing to anything. And since when does it make you a kid because you're 15 years old? I never said I know it all because I don't, no one knows it all, but apparently I know more than you. And I'm not acting tough, I'm trying to talk to you on a mature level but apparently you can't handle that. And don't go telling me what to say to other people because you started this mess. I call people what they are, and you happen to be that pretty little word I used. Caihlem isn't an asshole, he's treating you accordingly to how you act. He's been here a lot longer than you and frankly I'm tired of you insulting people because they act more mature than you do.

Member warned for insulting other members and staff. Back on topic, this doesn't need a reply.

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 19th 2010, 8:18 am

Hmm.. Another person to break down. Okay fine. Allow me to break this
down for you. My replies will be in red text after each of your statements.

@Something Clever wrote:-walks into thread-

Now where's a mod? We're now completely off topic and if you wouldn't mind I would to say that I disagree with all these configurations and nonsense.

I wouldn't call it nonsense unless you have complete lack of understanding anything in the OP of this topic.

Why in the world would you want any guests to have access to the chatbox? I imagine moderating a guest in a chatbox would be more difficult, plus highly confusing. If multiple guests were to sign on, how would they change their usernames? How would adminstrating/moderating them work? Now this is simply silly.

Clearly you have never been on forums that allow guest into the chatbox. Take the SMF chatbox for example, Guest will have the user name "Guest-001, Guest-002.. etc.." Based on their IP they will always have the same Guest ID. I'm not saying make this a permanent feature. I'm saying make it an option, if you choose not to use this option, why are you even worrying about it? Allowing guest into the chatbox is a good start for the site to create more activity. Moderating them would be to simply ban them from the chatbox.. Why are you calling this silly?

Also, NEVER idle out of the chat? This would make things HIGHLY confusing (not to mention misleading) in the chat. We would never know when the person is logged out until we go back to the "who's online" thing. Although, I DO think idle time should be longer than 15 minutes. -shrug- I agree with you there xP

Huh? ... ?? I'm talking about while they're online, signed into the site, to not idle out of the chat.. I'm not saying to keep them logged in even after they sign off the site.. that's just stupid.. Clearly you misunderstood.

Now, I did agree with you on ONE thing, though:

•When I post a link of a topic in the chatbox, the chatbox itself opens up the message.. o_O. Please fix this so that any on site links posted in the chatbox take you directly to that post and doesnt open up inside the chatbox window.

THAT is something that I think would be a nice fix for the forum instead of a frivoulous update.

Finally we've come to something that you understand exactly how I recommended it. Also I'm glad you see the point that its a problem and would be nice for them to fix it.

Don't expect me to come back into this thread to argue with you guys, cause I really don't care enough. xD I just wanted to talk some sense into the OP because the major of these configurations are frivolous and require more work on the staff's part, or just make things inconvienient for everyone.

The reason you think some of these are frivolous is because you misunderstood half the suggested configurations. Hopefully you'll have a better understanding of what I meant with each of them by my answers above.

G'day.

-walks out of thread-

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 19th 2010, 8:29 am

@LH Justin wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:
@LH Justin wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:
@LH Justin wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:
@Caihlem wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:Lazy? 99% of the people here agree with this topic, so what does that tell you?

That 99% of 17 people are lazy mwii

@SPADEZ wrote:Popularity wins the vote, and based on the majority here, its quite clear that its not being "lazy" its simply looking for convenience.

Isn't that the same thing said differently? ouou

Finally, some people disagree. It doesn't mean they are wrong or right, same goes for you. You obviously believe it's necessary, we don't. No one here is wrong or right.
I intend on talking to you as if you were a 10 year old because that's how you're answering me Wink
If you feel the need to talk to 10 year olds, go else where. My conversation with you is done. Clearly I already shut you up in my first reply to you huhohi , that's all I got to say about it, no need to get off topic by feeding into your pathetic attempts to insult me. As you said, to each is own, meaning everybody has their opinion. Just 18 of 19 people in this thread has a smarter opinion. Wink
Actually you are clearly acting like you have no sense and aren't contributing to the topic at all. Just because someone has a different opinion it doesn't mean they are stupid. You are the one that needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
No contribution to the topic? In case you forgot kid, I'm the one who created this topic. I think you need to learn to respect and watch YOUR mouth. Again let me tell you this as well, I'm done with this conversation, it's getting old and redundant having a debate about this. I think we have issues with the chatbox that need work, and you apparently don't think so. So you go your way and i'll go mine.
Excuse me? First of all telling people they're wrong and that they're stupid isn't contribution to the topic, I don't care who made it. Secondly, you don't have the right to call me a kid seeing as you're the one acting extremely immature. You are the one that needs to shut your mouth seeing as how every time you open it something stupid comes out. If this is getting old to you then next time you should try to avoid being an asshole to other members.
Again, if I'm the one who created the topic, I'm obviously the one who
contributed the topic itself, period, obviously you don't comprehend
that. Don't put words in my mouth either, I never called anyone here
stupid, take it how you want it. Yes, you are a 15 year old kid acting
like he knows it all. You are what you are, accept it, kid. Also stop
acting tough behind a computer telling people to watch their mouth and
to shut it. If you were here I'd shut yours for you. And before you go
around calling people an "asshole" you should read up a few post and see
why I got defensive when the other guy started ridiculing me and the
topic. Grow up kid and GTFO this topic. I'm done with you.
Creating a topic and yelling at people is contributing to anything. And since when does it make you a kid because you're 15 years old? I never said I know it all because I don't, no one knows it all, but apparently I know more than you. And I'm not acting tough, I'm trying to talk to you on a mature level but apparently you can't handle that. And don't go telling me what to say to other people because you started this mess. I call people what they are, and you happen to be that pretty little word I used. Caihlem isn't an asshole, he's treating you accordingly to how you act. He's been here a lot longer than you and frankly I'm tired of you insulting people because they act more mature than you do.

Member warned for insulting other members and staff. Back on topic, this doesn't need a reply.
Oh so you can sit there and call me stupid and an asshole and suffer no consequence but yet you get MY warning level lowered? Okay now I see what this is... A typical power play by staff who are friends with each other. That's cool, ride the bandwagon, The only reason i'm on this site is for support with my forum. I can careless what you think about me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by LH Justin on July 19th 2010, 8:39 am

@SPADEZ wrote:Oh so you can sit there and call me stupid and an asshole and suffer no consequence but yet you get MY warning level lowered? Okay now I see what this is... A typical power play by staff who are friends with each other. That's cool, ride the bandwagon, The only reason i'm on this site is for support with my forum. I can careless what you think about me.
Can you not read? I warned you because it's my job to stop members from acting up. I tried to make you be quiet without a warning but you wouldn't stop.

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 19th 2010, 8:57 am

@LH Justin wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:Oh so you can sit there and call me stupid and an asshole and suffer no consequence but yet you get MY warning level lowered? Okay now I see what this is... A typical power play by staff who are friends with each other. That's cool, ride the bandwagon, The only reason i'm on this site is for support with my forum. I can careless what you think about me.
Can you not read? I warned you because it's my job to stop members from acting up. I tried to make you be quiet without a warning but you wouldn't stop.
Um I can tell you the same. I told you and the other guy that I was done with the debating the issue and that I understood everybody has there own opinion. But you are the one who choose to continue and make more statements against me. So I replied back to yours and it became an arguement. It's whatever like I said, all you did was pull the power card out on me and have my warning level lowered unfairly. Cool. Now I see how you are on this site. You provoke problems and then expect people to listen, respect and obey you just because your on staff here.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Caihlem on July 19th 2010, 2:23 pm

Spadez Smile
You are older than me loove
So ACT like it already

Read the posts, there's not 1 where any of us call you an asshole. you've called me that, LH Justin a Kid and so on and so on. I mean even Something Clever's earnt a mouthful for giving his opinion fufufu

LH; Let him be, you've got more important work than this thread

P.S: If you're through with me; Don't answer I won't be reading tongue

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Reputation : 330
Language : English, French & Female
Location : You can't fly like the phenix

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 19th 2010, 7:57 pm

@Caihlem wrote:Spadez Smile
You are older than me loove
So ACT like it already

Read the posts, there's not 1 where any of us call you an asshole. you've called me that, LH Justin a Kid and so on and so on. I mean even Something Clever's earnt a mouthful for giving his opinion fufufu

LH; Let him be, you've got more important work than this thread

P.S: If you're through with me; Don't answer I won't be reading tongue

Not 1 of you called me an asshole? Hmm... then maybe you didn't read this:
@LH Justin wrote:Excuse me? First of all telling people they're wrong and that they're stupid isn't contribution to the topic, I don't care who made it. Secondly, you don't have the right to call me a kid seeing as you're the one acting extremely immature. You are the one that needs to shut your mouth seeing as how every time you open it something stupid comesout. If this is getting old to you then next time you should try to avoid being an asshole to other members.
Point out where I was the one who called anyone here an asshole. You can't because I never said such a thing, don't put words in my mouth. LH Justin IS a 15 year old kid, thats a FACT (read his age), calling me an asshole and stupid are INSULTS. Learn the difference. The fact is both of you got away with the BS and because I'm the new guy on the block voicing his opinion, I get the warning level lowered and both of you carry on with no consequences. Just a bunch of elitist.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Sanket on July 19th 2010, 8:04 pm

Guys chill down & be on topic, if I anymore see a post not related to the topic. This thread gets locked down with a warning to the user. Smile

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Darren1 on July 20th 2010, 6:35 am

Thanks Sanket, I needed a time to come in & post lol Smile

Spadez, please read this post & try to understand it before you reply.
I will give an indepth reason on the reason which I voted my way.

There's No option for the chatbox to appear on all pages of the site.

And yet some sites have this already on their widgets, maybe a simple code does it Smile
=> Already possible

You are stuck with the alignment of the chatboxes set up and have no way
(or no easy way) to change the alignment. Such as putting the members
logged in on the right side, putting the text box on the left side,
etc.. Please make it possible to change this.

Maybe this is how most people like it, however an option to change the side which the user info is displayed would be good

There's No option to allow guest to use the chatbox.

This has many downs and minimal ups.

Ups are:
Possible increase of guests = higher forum activity

Downs are:
False guests
Guests can return even when IP banned
Guests maybe on dynamic IP = Act as new guest
and so forth.

There's No option to set the chatbox on "auto-login" so whoever signs
into the site is automatically logged into the chatbox.

There is a purpose for this;
It's called security & privacy of members chatting.
The techies disallowed users whom are not logged in to not see the convo for privacy reasons. Razz
Why would they allow an auto login, when that causes un-necessary strain on their servers & your browser needing to continuesly refresh when you engaged in a conversation there for?
That was their wording in a way

Please add a configuration option for the idle, auto-log out set up. I
would like to increase the idle time or perhaps have members never
auto-log out. Unless of course they choose to click log-out themselves.

Would be handy in a way, but I'm still opposed to it. Why?

10 minutes of inactivity means either; Your not at the PC or your not involved in that conversation.
Hence you don't need to be there.
Would you stand at your car door with a mate not talking for 10 mins? Surely you would want to sit in your car or talk or leave if you havent talked for 10 mins.
Why do the opposite in a chatbox? => You don't ....


When I post a link of a topic in the chatbox, the chatbox itself opens
up the message.. o_O. Please fix this so that any on site links posted
in the chatbox take you directly to that post and doesnt open up inside
the chatbox window.

I'm sure the techies just mis-codded that, if I were you surely I'd open a topic in the support section and get this brought to the techies attention.
Plus, you can work around it's inconvenience by right clicking & opening in a new tab or page. Rolling Eyes

Please add an option to put a icon (of our choice) next to the Admins
and Moderators name instead of having an "@" symbol.

This would be handy, but the @ = Admin of the chatbox. why bother changing it?

When i set the chatbox as an iframe on the site, Guest are stuck with
looking at a big black space that says "Chatbox Not Available" or
something like that. There is no way I can remove this unless I stop
setting the Chatbox as an iframe code. However If I do that, I will not
be able to have the chatbox display on every window. This can be easily
fixed if we had an option to display the chatbox on everypage (literally
all pages even while posting.)

As I explained above, I aint wasting my breath explaining it again :red:

Allow the chatbox to have a media player. Something that users can put a
youtube video and it plays next to the chatbox. Just like the SMF
chatbox.

Lagggggggggggggggggggggg Don't you hate it?
Sure, you might have the fastest connection in the world, but there are some of us people who have much slower internet connection.
I myself am only on 256 KBS, and some of my mates are on pre-historic 56KBS DIAL UP! Yes, I said Dial Up..
Surely, they don't want the CB to be really laggy and behind in all convo & they wouldn't even be able to use the damn features.



In essence, if you don't like the supplied free chatbox, go out and find another you dfo like, or maybe steel the SMF code and manipulate it until it works her hehe


Hence, the reason I'm voting NO.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 20th 2010, 8:06 am

My replies to your statements will be in red

@Darren1 wrote:Thanks Sanket, I needed a time to come in & post lol Smile

Spadez, please read this post & try to understand it before you reply.
I will give an indepth reason on the reason which I voted my way.

I'll try to understand your view if you try to understand mine.

There's No option for the chatbox to appear on all pages of the site.

And yet some sites have this already on their widgets, maybe a simple code does it Smile
=> Already possible

No need for sarcasm. I already know theres a code for this, I set my site up with it. However, it occupies the announcement feature.

You are stuck with the alignment of the chatboxes set up and have no way
(or no easy way) to change the alignment. Such as putting the members
logged in on the right side, putting the text box on the left side,
etc.. Please make it possible to change this.

Maybe this is how most people like it, however an option to change the side which the user info is displayed would be good

Maybe some people like to be unique and set up there own chatbox appearance.

There's No option to allow guest to use the chatbox.

This has many downs and minimal ups.

Ups are:
Possible increase of guests = higher forum activity

Thats exactly one of my points for this suggestion.

Downs are:
False guests
Guests can return even when IP banned
Guests maybe on dynamic IP = Act as new guest
and so forth.

This can already happen right now with members themselves. They can simply get on different IPs and register acting like other people. It doesn't make a difference if its guest or members, so your point is invalid. This issue will always exist on the internet. Not just forumotion.

There's No option to set the chatbox on "auto-login" so whoever signs
into the site is automatically logged into the chatbox.

There is a purpose for this;
It's called security & privacy of members chatting.
The techies disallowed users whom are not logged in to not see the convo for privacy reasons. Razz
Why would they allow an auto login, when that causes un-necessary strain on their servers & your browser needing to continuesly refresh when you engaged in a conversation there for?
That was their wording in a way

Security and privacy? We have private messages for privacy. The chatbox is already set not to show for guest only to members, how much more private should a chatbox be? A chatbox is intended on making more people active and involved on the site. Not isolate them out of it and label it privacy. I'm not even sure how this is a 'security' measure either. Point invalid.

Please add a configuration option for the idle, auto-log out set up. I
would like to increase the idle time or perhaps have members never
auto-log out. Unless of course they choose to click log-out themselves.

Would be handy in a way, but I'm still opposed to it. Why?

10 minutes of inactivity means either; Your not at the PC or your not involved in that conversation.
Hence you don't need to be there.
Would you stand at your car door with a mate not talking for 10 mins? Surely you would want to sit in your car or talk or leave if you havent talked for 10 mins.
Why do the opposite in a chatbox? => You don't ....

Not a very good analogy to the situation. Here's why: sometimes i'm reading a topic or making a post, during this time I get logged out of the chatbox and I find it annoying to log in, hence the point of being allowed to adjust the session timeout. I don't really need to get into this again. I want to adjust this because I feel like it, not conform to everybody elses way of accepting it.

When I post a link of a topic in the chatbox, the chatbox itself opens
up the message.. o_O. Please fix this so that any on site links posted
in the chatbox take you directly to that post and doesnt open up inside
the chatbox window.

I'm sure the techies just mis-codded that, if I were you surely I'd open a topic in the support section and get this brought to the techies attention.
Plus, you can work around it's inconvenience by right clicking & opening in a new tab or page. Rolling Eyes

Making a topic about it? I DID. Hence the reason this topic exist.. I added it to the suggestion so the techs can see it and be aware of it. Honestly.. I dont feel like always opening links in a new window or tab every single time somebody throws a link in the chatbox. Also I dont feel like explaining to my members all day why topics are opening inside the chatbox and telling them to right click and open in new tab. I just want this fixed to make my life and everybody elses life easier. Until then I have no choice to 'work around' the inconvenience.

Please add an option to put a icon (of our choice) next to the Admins
and Moderators name instead of having an "@" symbol.

This would be handy, but the @ = Admin of the chatbox. why bother changing it?

Because I feel like it. Why do you use the colors you use on your forum? Because you feel like it. Same point. I want my site to look a certain way and I want the change the simplistic looking @ symbol into something like a crown image. Thats why I want to change it. It's called further customization.

When i set the chatbox as an iframe on the site, Guest are stuck with
looking at a big black space that says "Chatbox Not Available" or
something like that. There is no way I can remove this unless I stop
setting the Chatbox as an iframe code. However If I do that, I will not
be able to have the chatbox display on every window. This can be easily
fixed if we had an option to display the chatbox on everypage (literally
all pages even while posting.)

As I explained above, I aint wasting my breath explaining it again :red:

Actually this is a separate issue from the rest, so technically you didnt explain anything about this. Don't worry about wasting your breath explaining because you're not actually talking, you're typing.

Allow the chatbox to have a media player. Something that users can put a
youtube video and it plays next to the chatbox. Just like the SMF
chatbox.

Lagggggggggggggggggggggg Don't you hate it?
Sure, you might have the fastest connection in the world, but there are some of us people who have much slower internet connection.
I myself am only on 256 KBS, and some of my mates are on pre-historic 56KBS DIAL UP! Yes, I said Dial Up..
Surely, they don't want the CB to be really laggy and behind in all convo & they wouldn't even be able to use the damn features.

Then make it an *option* to allow videos for those of us that are up-to-date on todays technology. Those of you who are living in the past with 10+ year old technology will have the option to disable this feature so you are not affected. Problem solved, everyone happy. This method just allowed your opinion and my opinion together. If you don't agree with that then idk what to say other than I guess you just want it all YOUR way.

In essence, if you don't like the supplied free chatbox, go out and find another you dfo like, or maybe steel the SMF code and manipulate it until it works her hehe

If I knew how to take the SMF chatbox and get it to work on my forums, I would.

Hence, the reason I'm voting NO.

Did you really have to capitalize "NO"?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Sanket on July 20th 2010, 10:42 am

Bladez ,Bold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 20th 2010, 5:09 pm

@Darren1 wrote:
Please add a configuration option for the idle, auto-log out set up. I
would like to increase the idle time or perhaps have members never
auto-log out. Unless of course they choose to click log-out themselves.

Would be handy in a way, but I'm still opposed to it. Why?

10 minutes of inactivity means either; Your not at the PC or your not involved in that conversation.
Hence you don't need to be there.
Would you stand at your car door with a mate not talking for 10 mins? Surely you would want to sit in your car or talk or leave if you havent talked for 10 mins.
Why do the opposite in a chatbox? => You don't ....

I want to elaborate further on this just so you can understand me better. This is why your analogy wasn't good. I am not some guy standing by a car with a friend not talking, I am the admin of my site, so yes, I do NEED to be there. I am currently the only one running my site so yes I need to be there to moderate the chatbox. Even if I'm not engaged in the conversation > irrelavant. Even if you are active on the forum, the chat kicks you out if you are not typing in it. Sometimes all I could be doing is observing the chatbox. I don't want to deal with timing out every so often. Hope this helps you understand my point further.

@Sanket wrote:Bladez ,Bold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font

Spadez*... and okay, I wont bold & color my font next time, I only did it before so my text can stand out from darren1's post as I replied to each of his statements. Wont happen again.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by LH Justin on July 20th 2010, 7:34 pm

The only thing that I've gotten out of this topic is that you're the only one that feels this way and you want to force your opinion on everyone else. Rolling Eyes

Almost all of this stuff is unnecessary. The only thing I wouldn't mind being changed is how the chatbox opens links in itself, and that's easily avoided.

Oh and if you want a media player, get a free one off the internet a stick it on your forum. There's no reason for a chatbox to have something like that.

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Guest on July 20th 2010, 8:18 pm

@LH Justin wrote:The only thing that I've gotten out of this topic is that you're the only one that feels this way and you want to force your opinion on everyone else. Rolling Eyes

Almost all of this stuff is unnecessary. The only thing I wouldn't mind being changed is how the chatbox opens links in itself, and that's easily avoided.

Oh and if you want a media player, get a free one off the internet a stick it on your forum. There's no reason for a chatbox to have something like that.
I can say the same. All you've done is try to make my opinion inferior to your opinion while ridiculing me and the topic calling these suggestions "silly" and "unnecessary".

20 votes saying "Yes" clearly shows that I'm not the only one here that agrees with these suggestions. I don't feel the same way you do about this topic evidently. So I don't even know why you continue to come in here and debate with me on it. You're not going to change my opinion that I feel we should get these features.

As for a media player; Do you know of any media players that allows members to post a youtube link inside of it and have the media player play the video automatically for everyone else to watch? If you know of such a tool that exist, then share it. Otherwise you're not contributing anything to the solution of this topic but ranting.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Chatbox Configurations!

Post by Sanket on July 20th 2010, 8:23 pm

Thread Locked, No more explanations required from anyone.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum