The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Userpages

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Userpages

Post by Leaf on July 13th 2010, 7:42 pm

How do my member's get userpages?

Leaf
Forumember

Male Posts : 381
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Jersey shore

http://www.clubpenguinhut.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by KingOfSports on July 13th 2010, 11:43 pm

what do you mean userpages? all users automatically have a profile.

KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Reputation : 38
Language :
Location :

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Leaf on July 14th 2010, 3:12 am

@KingOfSports wrote:what do you mean userpages? all users automatically have a profile.

A userpage is an HTML page that a member gets on there profile.

They can edit it to there liking to make it there page.

Leaf
Forumember

Male Posts : 381
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Jersey shore

http://www.clubpenguinhut.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Kuro L Lawliet on July 14th 2010, 3:17 am

I don't think it's possible...

Kuro L Lawliet
Forumember

Posts : 123
Reputation : 10
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Darren1 on July 14th 2010, 3:36 am

Kuro is correct, it's not possible.
You can modify the templates, but that is the same for everyone.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Leaf on July 14th 2010, 4:00 am

@Darren1 wrote:Kuro is correct, it's not possible.
You can modify the templates, but that is the same for everyone.

So, If I edited the template to add it, everyone would have the same one?

Leaf
Forumember

Male Posts : 381
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Jersey shore

http://www.clubpenguinhut.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Darren1 on July 14th 2010, 4:49 am

@Leaf wrote:
@Darren1 wrote:Kuro is correct, it's not possible.
You can modify the templates, but that is the same for everyone.

So, If I edited the template to add it, everyone would have the same one?

Yes, this is correct.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Rok on July 14th 2010, 5:17 am

As long as you have the forms set up properly, then yeah, it should most likely work.

Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Reputation : 231
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Leaf on July 14th 2010, 5:21 am

@Rok wrote:As long as you have the forms set up properly, then yeah, it should most likely work.

Do you have any clue what codes I should use?

I'm not good with coding.

Leaf
Forumember

Male Posts : 381
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Jersey shore

http://www.clubpenguinhut.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Darren1 on July 14th 2010, 5:38 am

What is it exactly that you wish to achieve?

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Leaf on July 14th 2010, 5:42 am

@Darren1 wrote:What is it exactly that you wish to achieve?

I would like to have an empty HTML page on every members profile that the member can edit to there liking.

Leaf
Forumember

Male Posts : 381
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Jersey shore

http://www.clubpenguinhut.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Gramagamus Online on July 14th 2010, 7:31 am

If mods don't mind, I know a forum (not ForuMotion) that does this. I'll put it in a spoiler in case mods don't allow it, but you can check it out to see what Leaf means.

Spoiler:
Neoseeker is the website I was talking about above. Every user has their own unique "NeoHome" where they can add HTML to make it look good.

Gramagamus Online
Forumember

Male Posts : 441
Reputation : 0
Language : English | HTML |
Location : Australia

http://gramagamus.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Darren1 on July 14th 2010, 8:23 am

They wouldn't be able to customize it at all, they could only customize what you put there, and if you code it correctly you could enable it so they could choose certain things in certain places, however that would be something that YOU AS AN ADMIN would have to talk toy our members about, and make the executive decision of the layout...

There is no way, to my knowledge of linking an HTML page to a profile, especually creating a new tab there to use.
I'm doubting this is possible, so I might need the help of someone 'higher above' than myself once you confirm you, and your members want to do this?

LBT, can you possibly get they use for this?
Also, is it a HTML page, or a template editing?

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Leaf on July 14th 2010, 11:46 pm

@Darren1 wrote:They wouldn't be able to customize it at all, they could only customize what you put there, and if you code it correctly you could enable it so they could choose certain things in certain places, however that would be something that YOU AS AN ADMIN would have to talk toy our members about, and make the executive decision of the layout...

There is no way, to my knowledge of linking an HTML page to a profile, especually creating a new tab there to use.
I'm doubting this is possible, so I might need the help of someone 'higher above' than myself once you confirm you, and your members want to do this?

LBT, can you possibly get they use for this?
Also, is it a HTML page, or a template editing?
This is an HTML page on every members profile. The member can edit it to there liking.

I have an idea.
I can create a forum called userpages, enable HTML on the forum, and create a profile option called "Link to userpage".

Leaf
Forumember

Male Posts : 381
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Jersey shore

http://www.clubpenguinhut.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Userpages

Post by Darren1 on July 15th 2010, 3:20 am

Well, users can edit HTML pages, and there's no option to allow them to do so.
So it's next to impossible unless you want to create a JS CSS changer, but then their still really restricted to what you put in there, and I don't know how to do it just for the profiles, let alone if that would work.
Also, who would make that kind of skins?

So in the long run it would be too difficult to do. Sorry.

Thanks to Ankillien for verifying this Smile

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum