The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Completely Deleting a Forum

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Completely Deleting a Forum

Post by Gramagamus Online on July 15th 2010, 10:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Hey Guys Hello
This is just a question: Is it possible to delete a forum completely, even from the utils? I've got one forum I deleted months, maybe years ago, and it's still in the utils. I sure can't back it up, because firstly, I don't want it. Secondly, the backup doesn't go that far. I don't want this website to be connected to my email address if I log into the utils. That means it shouldn't let me log into the utils, as the forum is the only one I have connected to that specific email address.
ANOTHER THING: I have a forum that I've never, ever modified, and don't recall making under my main email address. I do remember what it was made for, due to the title of the forum, but I didn't ever use it. I can login to the utils for it, but not the forum itself. I also want this completely wiped from the utils/database.

Thanks!

Gramagamus Online
Forumember

Male Posts : 441
Language : English | HTML |

http://gramagamus.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Completely Deleting a Forum

Post by Darren1 on September 6th 2010, 9:39 am

@Gramagamus Online wrote:Worst support ever right now? BUMP.

So, if we can't help you, because only the lesion can help you, it = Worst support?

I'm sorry, but there's nothing else we can do, you just need to keep PMing Typlo until you get a reply. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: I've asked Typlo to pop in here for you Wink

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Gramagamus Online on September 6th 2010, 12:27 pm

I can't seem to log into the ACP on the first one, the passwords MUST be different, as the only user registered is admin, and I use admin to login. As for Gaming & Everything, I've done the delete process, but it still shows in the forum utils. Thanks for that Darren, I understand that, I just was really angry then and thought it needed attention. How many PMs should I send per... week? Razz

Gramagamus Online
Forumember

Male Posts : 441
Language : English | HTML |

http://gramagamus.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on September 9th 2010, 10:33 am

I'd do 1 pm - 3 days. (Mon, wed & fri).

Also, it takes about 6 months for the removal of it from the DB.

If you wish to create another forum with a currently forbidden email address, just use another one and update it once it's created Wink

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on September 9th 2010, 11:34 am

whats the forums link, is the forum still there?

If not and your saying it's just still connected to the utilities only.. then so what it's nothing to worry about..it just means you will not be able to create another forum with that email address until the 6 month period has passed. i dont even think typlo has the authority to go in to the data base like that????

i believe formotion has this in place for a number of reasons.. anything from them haveing to obey certain laws for any posibil illegal activities someone may have had on a forum.. along with other things such as just keeping the balance to be sure more then one forum is not being created with the same email.

Those are just a couple reasons..And i dont know for sure.I am just assuming. but i am sure they have a certain policies and requirements in place on how long certain data must remain for legal purposes on forumotions end.

So like Daren said you will just have to wait it out.. it used to be longer then 6 months.. i believe now it is only 6 months.

But now if the whole forum is still there and it's not deleting.. then typlo is the only one that can delete the forum so it dose not come up anymore..As far as the utilities go.. that will most likely remain there until the 6 months has passed.. unless of course someones forum was shut down.. then you would not be able to get into utilities or be able to create another forum with the email that was used either.. so thats another reason why certain data remains as well.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum