The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

My Thanks button isn't appearing

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Thanks button isn't appearing

Post by Guest on July 16th 2010, 7:10 am

First topic message reminder :

For some reason, I can only see the thanks button on certain topics, not all, and my members cant see the thanks button at all... how can i fix this?

I dont even think the hidden code works..

Back to top Go down

Re: My Thanks button isn't appearing

Post by Guest on August 5th 2010, 9:50 pm

@efraim14 wrote:i used this trick: http://help.forumotion.com/tricks-tips-f32/change-the-reputation-bar-t48922.htm

Delete the - button, then copy the Thanks Image and replace the + button,

then rename Reputation Power into Thanks, and make every sub-forum +1 if i click the Thanks button
I think that only works on phpBB2 correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on August 6th 2010, 2:05 am

the thank you button will only appear for a person that was given rep.

if some gives you rep.. then the thank you button will appear for you to thank them for giving rep.

thats all it is it will not show for anyone else unless someone give you rep.. and you can thank them.

it is not set up like some traditional forums.. it's completely different here and thats all it is for. for you to be able to thank the person that has given you reputation.. and only you will see it if someone gives you rep.

also the hide tags only work for guest. once you are logged in and reply to a post/thread that has a hide tag in it then you can see the content.
once again forumotion do not have this system set up like other forums to where you need a certain amount of reputations or group status to view hidden content. it is only hiding it from guest. and i believe it will hide it from a member too. but as soon as they reply to a thread it will then appare for them.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by afshin_zavar on August 26th 2010, 9:15 pm

For some reason, I can only see the thanks button on certain topics, not all, and my members cant see the thanks button at all... how can i fix this?
we do have the same problem on our forum and it's embarrassing!

afshin_zavar

Language : Persian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 26th 2010, 10:00 pm

Yeah it is pretty embarrassing.. but I guess thats how forumotion has it set up.. =\

Most forums have it so that you can hide content and a member has to "Thank" the author in order to see the hidden content.. Then whoever "thanked" the topic will appear in a list on the OP(Original post). The way forumotion sets it up is kind of.. not so interesting or useful. This can definitely use improvement so that everyone on the forum can interactively use this feature more frequently and without confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by afshin_zavar on August 26th 2010, 10:30 pm

Thanks Spadez but isn't there any way we can patch or change it with an improved module?

afshin_zavar

Language : Persian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 26th 2010, 11:58 pm

@afshin_zavar wrote:Thanks Spadez but isn't there any way we can patch or change it with an improved module?
The rep system can be modified to change the + into a thanks button. However this is no where near what we want on our forums.. It still wont tell you who thanked your post, it wont say how many have thanked you and you can only modify the + button using phpBB2... I use phpBB3 so this is no help for me. I cant do anything about it but learn a bunch of HTML, javascript, coding etc.. or hope that the techs hear us and do something about it.. and TBH I'll probably learn all I need to know about HTML and java etc.. before the techs even add this feature to the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on August 28th 2010, 6:06 am

To add a image instead of the + or - is already possible via the tutorial by Jalokim.

Yes, not possible to see who voted etc. You can suggest it.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 28th 2010, 7:03 pm

@Sanket wrote:To add a image instead of the + or - is already possible via the tutorial by Jalokim.

Yes, not possible to see who voted etc. You can suggest it.
Yes but you can only modify it using templates - phpBB2 and PunBB. For people like me who use phpBB3, we cant do anything about it, unless we switch versions but then we would have to re-code the entire site to appear as it did before just to change one thing, which isn't worth it. I'll suggest this right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on August 28th 2010, 7:10 pm

Yes, you will need to suggest it then.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top