The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Editing posts

3 posters

Go down

Solved Editing posts

Post by KQ July 16th 2010, 12:32 pm

Every once in a while my forum just has weird problems. We usually ignore them and eventually they go away, but this one is kind of effecting our entire site, so we'd like it if we could get a quicker fix, or at least we can bring it to forumotion's attention right away.

Basically, when we try and edit posts on our forum, and the post is longer than just a few lines, the entire post can edit fine. But when we click send, and send it to the main screen, for whatever reason it comes back to us empty. The post just has nothing on it. Not the edit, not what was there before. Just a few spaces, no words.

With small posts, really small, we can edit it without much trouble. But get about a paragraph in and bam! Screwed. It's highly annoying as we spend a great deal of our time making long posts on our site (for story, debate, random) purposes.

So! If there's anything I can do, let me know please. Wasn't sure where to put this so I just dropped it in the Other section.

Nevermind, now it went way.

Last edited by KQ on July 16th 2010, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 204
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Editing posts

Post by Jophy July 16th 2010, 12:36 pm

Is it happening for a long time already? Is it also happening with the most of the members?
Have you tried resynchronizing?:
https://help.forumotion.com/tricks-tips-f32/resynchronizing-your-forum-t50777.htm

Since Typlo is away for vacation at the moment, We can't get a fast answer from him about your problem, A link to your forum might help.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by KQ July 16th 2010, 12:43 pm

Thanks, actually, it just randomly started happening but just as randomly went away. Sometimes stuff like that happens with Forumotion, I was just worried this would take longer. ^_^;;

But yay! It solved itself!

Thanks for the advice Zoids.
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 17th 2010, 7:37 pm

Since this thread is marked solved, I will lock this thread.
Editing posts 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down