The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Admin.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Admin.

Post by Akaforty on July 16th 2010, 3:14 pm

Hello!
So, me and my friends started using forumotion a while ago, I am a guild master of one guild in World of Warcraft. This guy was an officer and he created a forums on your site.
It was like 2 years back, he became inactive, but I was admin too, so I didn't mind...
But now, I just really need to be the head admin, because I cannot mark threads as announcement or sticky, which is a big problem really.

He's just inactive for a year and more, I cannot contact him anyhow, so I'm stuck in this situation.

Is there a way to make me the head admin? I basically was one, I'm doing everything there, I just need to get the head admin status.

http://willtodominate.nspro.biz

Thanks, Akaforty.

Akaforty
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 0
Language : Czech

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin.

Post by Gramagamus Online on July 16th 2010, 3:27 pm

I don't think ForuMotion can change founders, sorry.

Gramagamus Online
Forumember

Male Posts : 441
Reputation : 0
Language : English | HTML |
Location : Australia

http://gramagamus.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin.

Post by Jophy on July 17th 2010, 5:44 am

Not possible, it'll be possible if the founder give the information of his account like password, e-mail etc.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 835
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin.

Post by Manya on July 17th 2010, 8:02 am

Its so possible sir,cause even members will be admin he/she cannot change your rank or group.It says only founder can change his/her position.

Manya
Forumember

Posts : 141
Reputation : 0
Language : Tagalog,English
Location : Cagayan De Oro City

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin.

Post by Darren1 on July 17th 2010, 8:32 am

Hello,

what your asking is not possible.
However, there is a solution, don't fret, it's won't hurt your forum Very Happy

This can ONLY be preformed by Typlo, whom is away until, I believe Monday or Tuesday

PM Typlo with the following information

  • The situation -> The founder has been absent for 2 years
  • The Board's URL (Your address -> the http://yourforums.com) but please make sure if it's possible to be the sub domain (that's the free domain you got when the forum was created)
  • Your name & email on the board (Just for verification)


and you should be able to receive a new password for the founding account, in which you can access the forum with Smile

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin.

Post by Akaforty on July 17th 2010, 10:52 am

@Darren1 wrote:Hello,

what your asking is not possible.
However, there is a solution, don't fret, it's won't hurt your forum Very Happy

This can ONLY be preformed by Typlo, whom is away until, I believe Monday or Tuesday

PM Typlo with the following information

  • The situation -> The founder has been absent for 2 years
  • The Board's URL (Your address -> the http://yourforums.com) but please make sure if it's possible to be the sub domain (that's the free domain you got when the forum was created)
  • Your name & email on the board (Just for verification)


and you should be able to receive a new password for the founding account, in which you can access the forum with Smile
Great, thank you! I'll PM him right away :wouhou:
Edit: Meh, "Sorry, but the following user(s) can't receive PMs : Typlo"

Akaforty
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 0
Language : Czech

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin.

Post by Darren1 on July 18th 2010, 3:41 am

Sorry, I forgot he's out on vocation until this monday or Tuesday.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin.

Post by Akaforty on July 18th 2010, 8:37 am

@Darren1 wrote:Sorry, I forgot he's out on vocation until this monday or Tuesday.
Oh, no, you didn't forget. But that makes him unavailable? I didn't know.

Akaforty
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 0
Language : Czech

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin.

Post by Gramagamus Online on July 18th 2010, 9:07 am

All the admins that are away have blocked their ability to recieve PMs. You'll have to wait for Typlo to get back.

Gramagamus Online
Forumember

Male Posts : 441
Reputation : 0
Language : English | HTML |
Location : Australia

http://gramagamus.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin.

Post by Darren1 on July 19th 2010, 3:14 am

Typlo will be back tonight, so you can PM him then Wink

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin.

Post by Akaforty on July 19th 2010, 9:10 am

@Darren1 wrote:Typlo will be back tonight, so you can PM him then Wink
Thank you, I will.

Akaforty
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 0
Language : Czech

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum