The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAQ Problems

3 posters

Go down

Solved FAQ Problems

Post by adalwolf July 20th 2010, 4:07 pm

Problem #1 = Selection problems

In the customisable FAQ, I have a few options...

for some reason I cannot select the last/bottom one EDIT: the 2nd last one, whenever I try, it opens/closes the one above it...
It only started doing it tonight when I started editing the FAQ...

if it affects it, I'm using the bbcode [url] and the html <br> tags.

I've tested it on multiple computers, multiple browsers, logged in, logged out, force reload page... its all the same... it won't let me select the 2nd last option

Problem #2 = View problems

In the administration panel, after I add another FAQ or delete an existing one, they all dissapear (so it looks as if I have no FAQ entires) until I go down and click on the FAQ link again...

Started tonight at about the same time as problem #1

Link HERE if you want to have a look...

knowing my luck recently, it'll fix itself the moment someone else has a look at it heh

EDIT: To be specific the item that is currently not opening is called "Im having an issue with..."
its content is:

Code:
If you are having an issue with someone/something, the following information may be helpful:<br><br>

Issue with a member:<br>
- If you are having an issue with a member of these forums (eg. abuse), the first step would be to try to resolve it with said member privatly (eg. PMs, NOT posts). If this fails, you should then contact a moderator or administrator who will look into the issue.<br><br>

Issue with a post:<br>
- If you are having an issue with a post (eg. insulting posts, spam etc), you should report it to the moderators/administrators. You can do that by using the report system which is briefly covered [url=http://caninewars.forummotion.com/rules-important-information-f2/the-report-button-may-be-your-friend-t688.htm]HERE[/url].<br><br>

Issue with part of the site:<br>
- If you are having an issue with part of the site (eg. something not working) you should send a PM to our webmaster [url=http://caninewars.forummotion.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=13]Adalwolf[/url]<br><br>

Anything not covered:<br>
- Contact a moderator or (preferably) an administrator

Last edited by adalwolf on July 21st 2010, 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total
adalwolf
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: FAQ Problems

Post by Dumbledore27 July 20th 2010, 4:11 pm

Sorry, I don't think I can help you but this:
adalowolf wrote:In the administration panel, after I add another FAQ or delete an existing one, they all dissapear (so it looks as if I have no FAQ entires) until I go down and click on the FAQ link again...
is a common mistake and is happening I think on all forums.
Dumbledore27
Forumember

Male Posts : 632
Language : Online
Location : Error 403 - You do not have the permission to view this item's value

Back to top Go down

Post by adalwolf July 20th 2010, 4:27 pm

aahhh I think I might have found the problem...

I was looking through the source code for the page ( pale no formating affraid *runs away* )

anyway, the 1st option had this:
Code:
<div onclick="return CFAQ.display('faq_a_1', false);"

the second option:
Code:
<div onclick="return CFAQ.display('faq_a_2', false);"

The third (not working) option:
Code:

the fourth option:
Code:
<div onclick="return CFAQ.display('faq_a_3', false);"

it looks like whatever generates the javascript for the FAQ screwed up and made both the 2nd and 3rd option the 2nd option...

I'm not 100% sure how the scripts behind it work... so if someone knows... would/could this be the cause?

if it is, I'll try deleteing option #3 and making it again... see if that works...

EDIT #1

I tried deleting the option and then making it again... same problem it wont open up... I checked the evil-unformatted source code again... and same problem, the script that generated the javascript is bugged... now it looks like this:

the 1st option:
Code:
<div onclick="return CFAQ.display('faq_a_1', false);"

the second option:
Code:

The third option:
Code:

the fourth option (is the deleted 3rd option, newly made):
Code:

EDIT #2

Ok, I made another one exactly the same (no.5) and then deleted the 4th one (instead of deleting then making)... its working now... will let you know if it happens again... might be a problem with the javascript-generating code...

Last edited by adalwolf on July 20th 2010, 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : works... sorta...)
adalwolf
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by adalwolf July 21st 2010, 10:44 am

I'd say my problem is solved, however the cause of the problem might still be around... feel free to lock the topic... will shout if it happens again and I can't fix it...
adalwolf
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 21st 2010, 10:46 am

Since this thread is marked solved, I will lock this thread.
FAQ Problems 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down