The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Possible? [Noob alert]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible? [Noob alert]

Post by Nukkavieru on July 27th 2010, 11:23 am

OK first of all, I'm not very good at all the coding and such, mostly do things with the automatic stuff the forum provides but here's a few things that I want to know if they are possible or not. And if possible could someone tell me how to do it step by step (because im not good with these stuff)

#1. Is it possible to get custom font style on the forum?
#2. Is it possible to make a contact form (this one) so that they would come as private messages to a member group OR a new post OR to multiple emails?
#3. Is it possible to have a button for "Mark all forums read" and "Mark all topics read", and is it possible to relocate it to somewhere else where it stands out better?
#4. Anyone know a good system to vote on stuff? I dont mean a poll but something little more complicated.
Let me explain: Vote system that would say how many of the usergroup members have voted and the result of that usergroup votes like this;
Leaders 2/4 voted - 1 yes - 1 no
Senate 3/3 voted - 2 yes - 1 no
Members 5/16 voted - 2 yes - 3 no
Or something like that, because it would save time from doing it manually.

So these are the things im wondering at the moment, would be great if someone who is better at these kind of stuff to have a thought on them and tell me how to do it step by step.

My forums are
Thanks!! Hope someone has time for the beginners joker

PS. Hope this is the right forum section because I don't have all day long to be checking each forum section on where to post stuff on (work and studies and so on)

Nukkavieru
Forumember

Male Posts : 31
Language : Finnish

http://kounit.rpgwars.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible? [Noob alert]

Post by kirk on July 27th 2010, 11:37 am

1 yes.
but it depends if you are useing a font that can be added by css or if you have a script/code you may be applying to certain forums or post that will allow you to do this. you can also set different fonts that forumotion offer in your display>colors options. there are a few ways but you would have to decide what you want to go with and explain what you would be useing so we can better help provide instructions how to apply to your forum if what you are using is compatible?

#2 yes. the link you provided is the tutorial created by luky on how to do that.
So you kind of answered your own question there Wink . Unless you want to apply or customize this a different way? Then you would have to explain exactly what it is you want to do and where you want to do it.

#3 the option is already on the forum.you would have to specify where else you would want to put it to stand out better this can most likely be done via template edit.

#4 i dont think so? it may be possible if you had some sort of script but consider we do not have access to the data base i do not think it would be possible to automatically detect the options you are asking.. this is information that you would have to add in manually.. but even if adding it in manually there is no way for you to know who voted on what useing forumotions voting options.. unless you have a different source or code you can apply to your forum to allow you to do this.. but at this time i do not believe it would be possible.. not 100% sure though.

i do know there are scripts out there to create surveys/spread sheets that you can change into poll options.
but once again for it to detect your members or groups and put them in the information i do not thing this would be possible on forumotion forum because you would need to install some type of module and forumotion do not offer and module installation due to the fact we do not have access to forumotions data base.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nukkavieru on July 27th 2010, 1:29 pm

OK now that you answered yes on the #2, I looked the post it said only that it could be sent in emails only.

Anyone to explain how do I make it so that the form made is sent to a usergroup of the forum in a private message?

Because this would make me :wouhou:

The reason in these questions i have here is because members in our clan need to apply for a rank, and higher ups vote on the applications, so the contact form would be application form, and the voting system needed for easy voting (different ranks votes count as different amount of votes also)

Nukkavieru
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on July 27th 2010, 8:05 pm

Sorry nope for question 2/

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nukkavieru on July 27th 2010, 9:09 pm

@MrMario wrote:Sorry nope for question 2/
You could say why it isnt possible? Since I don't believe in people when they don't explain themselves.

Nukkavieru
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on July 27th 2010, 9:33 pm

Its meant to be for email.

If you want there is a contact form but it doesn't have options to type stuff.

Admin Panel // Under Message & Email // Contact Form

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nukkavieru on July 27th 2010, 10:12 pm

@MrMario wrote:Its meant to be for email.

If you want there is a contact form but it doesn't have options to type stuff.

Admin Panel // Under Message & Email // Contact Form
batman batman
It's not meant just for email. You can make pretty much anything out of it if you can.
Im only a beginner on HTML but I've come to realise most people say stuff are impossible to make but they just dont look onto it so much. I almost got it working looking at the code of the contact form and PM and post form but didn't get how its done in those completely and im still looking on to those, just looking at the codes one line at a time trying to figure out how HTML works and learn it at the same Very Happy

(I started HTML Coding about 12 hours ago, but im fast learner)Neutral
(I got it send a PM to admins on my forums but it didnt include the input data)

So because if I can make it to send PM with title on it with 12 hours of knowledge in HTML I'm sure someone who really knows HTML can tell how its done if he would look onto it as much as I have.

Nukkavieru
Forumember

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum