The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Paid forum members

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paid forum members

Post by fans of businesses on July 28th 2010, 11:14 pm

Hello,

Sorry but I didn't know where else to post this topic. I spent over an hour searching for this kind of topic and couldn't locate it. Although I'm sure it must be here... somewhere.
I know nothing about scripts but I also figured that I would have to write my own script in order to possibly do this, which is...

I recently started a forum and would like for it to be a paid members only forum. Any information on how to accomplish this? I already have pay pal, if that helps.

Thanks much to all the volunteer mods here,

Kevin

fans of businesses

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Paid forum members

Post by KingOfSports on July 28th 2010, 11:24 pm

Do you want the entire forum for paid members only? Or do you want a certain part of the forum to be for paid members only?

KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by fans of businesses on July 28th 2010, 11:34 pm

Hi KingofSports.

The entire forum would need to be a paid members only forum. I recently joined the Free forums because I read somewhere that I could (or should?) be able to do this. Just can't seem to locate info concerning it.

Thanks for such a quick response,

Kevin

fans of businesses

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfSports on July 28th 2010, 11:50 pm

Do you still have the link to where it said you could do this? If so, send post it here or send me a PM.

As far as I know, there is no automatic way to do this. You would have to change some settings via the ACP so that members cannot register unless you confirm. You would also have to hide the entire forum from guests.

KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by fans of businesses on July 29th 2010, 12:02 am

Well, now that you mention it I can't locate that info. anymore. I have many internet widow tabs open and I'm multitasking them all. I thought that it was on one of them though. Or maybe it's my mistake. Either way I'll have to cancel my membership here and try to locate a forum service that can help. What time and effort I have spent making my own forum here was interesting. So I will recommend this for anyone asking me.

Thanks,

Kevin

fans of businesses

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum