The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appointing moderators for different forums results in many extra groups.

2 posters

Go down

Appointing moderators for different forums results in many extra groups. Empty Appointing moderators for different forums results in many extra groups.

Post by GAT:TEA July 31st 2010, 3:09 am

Please, help me, I'm hiring staff for my forums. I recently started appointing moderators for different forums with the search user>permissions method & it's resulting in extra groups in my administration.

Example:
I hired my friend to mod a board & this was the result:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img826/1338/cap1a.png

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img714/2397/cap2o.png

Why is there a new extra group? This is the case no matter what moderator I try to appoint to a forum. Is this going to be the case for all staff I appoint? Because then I'm going to have an excess of personal user groups. ): Please, respond.
Khryssy
GAT:TEA
Forumember

Female Posts : 71
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Appointing moderators for different forums results in many extra groups. Empty Re: Appointing moderators for different forums results in many extra groups.

Post by KingOfSports July 31st 2010, 3:48 am

This will happen to every person you add as a mod via user --> permissions.

If you add them to a group, you will be fine.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Appointing moderators for different forums results in many extra groups. Empty Re: Appointing moderators for different forums results in many extra groups.

Post by GAT:TEA July 31st 2010, 4:16 am

I'm sorry can you elaborate? Gabby & The other gals I hired are already in my moderators group. So, what kind of group do you mean? Thanks for your assistance. (:
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfSports July 31st 2010, 4:20 am

If you add members to a group, then a personal user group will not be made.

However, if you continue to do what you did with GabriellaLewis, you will have multiple groups.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by GAT:TEA July 31st 2010, 7:05 am

I'm not understanding, I'm sorry for being so dense. Here's how I did it:
Appoint Mods

Is there some part of the method I messed up? I followed everything. I searched the forum & found another method. The user wanted 3 mods & his/her "assistant" I guess you could say stated he/she would need 3 different moderator groups.

Perhaps you can screencap what you mean? Again, I apologize for my ignorance. ><
Forumember

Back to top Go down