The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Chrome is detecting Malware

2 posters

Go down

Google Chrome is detecting Malware  Empty Google Chrome is detecting Malware

Post by Noctis July 31st 2010, 12:50 pm

It seems that all the members on my site that use google chrome are getting an error message for Malware. I have not added anything recently, or gave out any links, and I had all my staff search the site just in case. However, when I tried browsing it through google chrome I received the same message. It then occurred to me that it was not just my site, because myself and several other people received the same message on other sites that were hosted by forumotion. Then I took that information and proceeded to fill out a topic on this site and I got the same message before I could even type this post.

I have tried a few things, as far as resetting the HTML codes and backing the site up to get rid of the problem, but I have not idea how to fix it. Please help me.
Noctis
Noctis
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Google Chrome is detecting Malware  Empty Re: Google Chrome is detecting Malware

Post by iStewy July 31st 2010, 1:08 pm

I think my users are getting the same problem :s idk what to do either
iStewy

Back to top Go down

Google Chrome is detecting Malware  Empty Re: Google Chrome is detecting Malware

Post by Noctis July 31st 2010, 1:12 pm

Start by telling your users that it is not really Malware and is just an error code. This should be displayed somewhere on your forum that everyone can see. Doing this will relax the members of your forum, and by informing them, they will feel a bit more secure and you will have a less chance of people leaving.

Forumotion will get to the problem as fast as they can.
Noctis
Noctis
Forumember

Back to top Go down