The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Found a bug

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Found a bug

Post by Merciah on August 4th 2010, 10:06 pm

Only for the sake of testing things out when I do things. I actually tested out to see what actually happens with the word replacement for the board censorship.

What I did was type all the words that are sensored back to back and in multiple other combinations. I came to learn, that when someone uses atleast 4 censored words in a single post, and make the last word of their post, one of those censored words. That final word remains uncensored. I am assuming this is a glitch somewhere in the operation of the coding. But regardless, as I am not a web wizard, I wanted to bring this up and make it noticed.

Merciah

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Found a bug

Post by MrMario on August 4th 2010, 10:15 pm

You sure? Because we censor words here and all of them are working right.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Merciah on August 4th 2010, 10:24 pm

I tried it multiple times.

Do this in a post so you can see exactly what I mean.

"Censored word a" "Censored word b" "Censored word c" "Censored word d" "Censored word e" "Censored word a" "Censored word b" "Censored word c"

As I do not know what your words are. I'll use those in place of the actual words. You will notice, as I did in my post. I'd link you to my board so that you could see the post yourself, but I tested it in the admin section, incase of a mistake, I didn't want the post to be read.

Merciah

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on August 4th 2010, 10:46 pm

I do see the problem now. That is interesting.... I forward this to another staff member who will pass it on.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener on August 4th 2010, 11:13 pm

Same problem here.

TheListener
Forumember

Male Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on August 5th 2010, 1:23 am

this has actually been like this for a wile.
if you write the same word over and over in a sentence like every other word or 3rd word it appears.

i dunno what it is.. but mrmario has passed it on so hopefully it's worked out soon.

So the temp solution.. if someone is continuing to write words that the censor may miss.. give them a warning and tell them the next time they do it they will be banned because you do not allow them words or profanity on your forum.

but keep on mind i have only seen the censor miss a few only when the same word is posted back to back multiple times in a row..

So if a member is useing some sort of profanity that many times in a row.. then they probably need a warning anyway word censor or not.. lol

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum