The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can not remove custom profile field

4 posters

Go down

Can not remove custom profile field Empty Can not remove custom profile field

Post by Mateja 8/8/2010, 18:03

How come, I as admin, am not able to remove custome profile filed, I have created months ago in Users -> Profiles -> Profile fields.
There is a button to edit a single profile field, however there is NO button to delete a custom profile field.
Can somebody please help me ASAP?

Thank you in advance!
Mateja
Mateja
Forumember

Female Posts : 96
Language : English, Espanol, Detusch

Back to top Go down

Can not remove custom profile field Empty Re: Can not remove custom profile field

Post by MrMario 8/8/2010, 18:27

The one's that don't have a delete option as the default and can't be removed.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Can not remove custom profile field Empty Re: Can not remove custom profile field

Post by Mateja 8/8/2010, 18:33

MrMario, impossible that this could be deaufl fields... take a look.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img825/9852/exampled.jpg
Mateja
Mateja
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario 8/8/2010, 22:53

Now that is weird.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateja 8/8/2010, 22:56

Any ideas on how to solve the problem?
Mateja
Mateja
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 9/8/2010, 09:23

Hi,

Can you clear the cache & cookies of the browser, and if that doesn't restore the delete button can you please try another browser?
Preferably Google Chrome, or FireFox.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateja 9/8/2010, 22:09

I did Darren1. Still the same... =S
Mateja
Mateja
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 10/8/2010, 05:21

what thats how it is on mine and always was i think.
what you do is you select necessarily filled to no then have display in profile.
so then if the do fill a field then it will only be in there profile and not any post/threads it depends how you want it.

or you do not want them at all then you can remove it completely by taking them out of the template.

um i am messing with it now.. it might take a lil time for me to narrow it all down.. right now all i have in mine is is the email and change password.

Can not remove custom profile field Ae68ab92374047

So what i am going to do is break it down and see where the fields are and only remove them.
but it's not exactly set up in the template to identify them they way you think it would be so i have to play around with it until i get it right.

And what this will do is just take eliminate it from the forum all together.. it will still be in the admin panel in just wont show up on the forum anywhere.

but befor i go doing this and seeing if i can break it down.. what version are you useing?
template edit can only be done on phpbb2 or punbb versions.

Then what fields would you want gone completely? i am not sure if i will be able to do them individually but have t test it a few times first.

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateja 19/8/2010, 18:40

kirk - I am using phpBB2.

The most weirdest thing is that, if i create new custom field, I am able to delet it without any problems...

To whom should I write PM for help/support? I have paid domain name and I really want to start with forum, but until I fix this problem, I can't. Please, help ASAP! I really need help. Sad
Mateja
Mateja
Forumember

Back to top Go down