The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Fix the chatbox internal link problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree this should be fixed?

81% 81% 
[ 13 ]
19% 19% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 16

Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Guest on August 11th 2010, 3:52 am

When you post internal links of your site inside the chatbox, the link actually opens up inside the chatbox itself!
External links open in a separate tab which isn't a problem.

Do you agree that internal links posted in the chatbox should be fixed so that it opens up correctly?
This would help you link members to specific topics without them wondering why links are opening up inside the chatbox itself.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by LH Justin on August 11th 2010, 6:05 am

I'm pretty sure this issue is known. I think the reason why it does this is the Chatbox is treated as another window, and just like a window it opens up separate tabs for separate links, but doesn't open a new tab if the link is to the same website. Anyway, voted yes.

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Caihlem on August 11th 2010, 8:30 am

an annopying problem indeed
=> Yes

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Reputation : 330
Language : English, French & Female
Location : You can't fly like the phenix

Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Guest on August 11th 2010, 11:43 pm

thanks for voting, keep the votes coming! we need a ton of votes for them to even begin to realize how much of a problem this can be.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Guest on August 13th 2010, 10:07 am

bump

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Darren1 on August 13th 2010, 10:12 am

For those whom are affected; I'm voting yes, but I've never had this problem.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by DRO N1nja on August 13th 2010, 8:28 pm

Yes!!!! Definately this needs to be fixed!!

DRO N1nja
Forumember

Male Posts : 57
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Guest on August 15th 2010, 9:13 am

bump

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Guest on August 16th 2010, 8:28 am

bump, come on people tell us what you think!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Count Dooku on August 16th 2010, 11:51 pm

@SPADEZ wrote:When you post internal links of your site inside the chatbox, the link actually opens up inside the chatbox itself!
External links open in a separate tab which isn't a problem.

Do you agree that internal links posted in the chatbox should be fixed so that it opens up correctly?
This would help you link members to specific topics without them wondering why links are opening up inside the chatbox itself.
As I don't care about this (or any) chatbox, I will not support your idea.
But by reading further, an idea to consider: prevent weblinks from opening by just treating hem as plain text... Exclamation

Count Dooku
Forumember

Posts : 279
Reputation : 2
Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by TheListener on August 17th 2010, 12:10 am

Yup, definitely needed!

TheListener
Forumember

Male Posts : 796
Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by that70sguy92 on August 17th 2010, 12:42 am

This really needs fixed.

that70sguy92
Forumember

Male Posts : 287
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Tennessee, USA

http://sbcommunity.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Guest on August 17th 2010, 3:20 am

@Count Dooku wrote:
@SPADEZ wrote:When you post internal links of your site inside the chatbox, the link actually opens up inside the chatbox itself!
External links open in a separate tab which isn't a problem.

Do you agree that internal links posted in the chatbox should be fixed so that it opens up correctly?
This would help you link members to specific topics without them wondering why links are opening up inside the chatbox itself.
As I don't care about this (or any) chatbox, I will not support your idea.
But by reading further, an idea to consider: prevent weblinks from opening by just treating hem as plain text... Exclamation
That only makes things more of a hassle. All links would have to be highlighted and pasted into a new tab in order for you to view it. Also when the chatbox is active, it moves a lot making it harder to copy the link, so no, i will not consider your alternative for my suggestion simply because it doesn't do anything but fix one problem and create another problem.

Thanks to all those who support the suggestion however, I appreciate your support as I see this really needs to be fixed!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Guest on August 21st 2010, 7:37 am

I don't use the chatbox , but for the users who use .... I voted Yes Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Guest on August 21st 2010, 11:53 pm

The God wrote:I don't use the chatbox , but for the users who use .... I voted Yes Wink
Thanks! I appreciate your ability to see passed yourself unlike some people who if it doesn't benefit them they actually vote no.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Count Dooku on February 9th 2014, 6:44 pm

convincing people is tricky, yes...
Though, according to regulations probably prohibited anyway.

I for instance try to convince via solid argumentation, otherwise refraining from unnecessary persuasion.

I'm sure the moderators consider each and every suggestion we make on this forum...

Count Dooku
Forumember

Posts : 279
Reputation : 2
Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Re: Fix the chatbox internal link problem

Post by Jophy on May 17th 2014, 9:00 am

Suggestion clean up.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 835
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum