The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different moderator group to ban and edit profiles

4 posters

Go down

Different moderator group to ban and edit profiles Empty Different moderator group to ban and edit profiles

Post by ifureadthisdie August 13th 2010, 12:41 am

Is there any permission control that could allow a different group of mods to edit a users profile? There honestly should be a permission control for this if there isn't. There are things in profiles that mods need to add to a user (award system) and in case a user has something inappropriate in their profile a different type of mod should be able to take care of it.
In the profile section. Selecting moderators to be able to moderate the profile does not work. And it does only for the original mod group. But if i make a new group of mods for a specific section. They wont be granted the power to ban, or edit a users profile.

Last edited by ifureadthisdie on August 13th 2010, 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
ifureadthisdie
Forumember

Male Posts : 83
Language : English

http://www.thespritas.com

Back to top Go down

Different moderator group to ban and edit profiles Empty Re: Different moderator group to ban and edit profiles

Post by blindbat1457 August 13th 2010, 12:48 am

I could be totally wrong here but I think only admins can.
blindbat1457
blindbat1457
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Different moderator group to ban and edit profiles Empty Re: Different moderator group to ban and edit profiles

Post by ifureadthisdie August 13th 2010, 12:50 am

blindbat1457 wrote:I could be totally wrong here but I think only admins can.
Well, i mean straight from the profile (not going to profile administration panel, just clicking on their usernames and editing whatever need be).
ifureadthisdie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaf August 13th 2010, 1:27 am

ifureadthisdie wrote:
Well, i mean straight from the profile (not going to profile administration panel, just clicking on their usernames and editing whatever need be).

Its not possible, sorry.

Only admins can directly edit a members profile from there profile.
However, I wish it was possible.
Leaf
Leaf
Forumember

Male Posts : 381

http://www.clubpenguinhut.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ifureadthisdie August 13th 2010, 1:29 am

Leaf wrote:
ifureadthisdie wrote:

Its not possible, sorry.

No. Moderators can as well. Not from the administration panel though! They can from the site not from the admin panel. Meaning if a MOD wants to give a user a trophy by editing the profile. They can, but i can't give this permission to a different group of mods. In fact, this different group can't even ban, they can only edit a forum i say they can. Only the original mods group that come with the site can do so. Why there isn't a permission control for this i don't know.
ifureadthisdie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ifureadthisdie August 13th 2010, 1:41 am

Wow this is very very strange. By adding a member from the other group to the moderator group as well, then deleting him from the moderator group, makes the power stuck on him. Like i can remove him, but he still can ban and edit a profile now..weird.
ifureadthisdie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaf August 13th 2010, 1:42 am

ifureadthisdie wrote:
Leaf wrote:
ifureadthisdie wrote:

Its not possible, sorry.

No. Moderators can as well. Not from the administration panel though! They can from the site not from the admin panel. Meaning if a MOD wants to give a user a trophy by editing the profile. They can, but i can't give this permission to a different group of mods. In fact, this different group can't even ban, they can only edit a forum i say they can. Only the original mods group that come with the site can do so. Why there isn't a permission control for this i don't know.

OOPS, I become confused, LOL.
I was wanted to say its impossible for 1 mod to be able to ban and another not too.
Leaf
Leaf
Forumember

Male Posts : 381

http://www.clubpenguinhut.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 13th 2010, 3:20 am

you know you guys are flip flopping on the whole thing and i am confused.
you can set different groups to have different permissions as well as the permissions for moderator groups.

like here we have different groups.. mods global mods etc.. all those groups permissions are set different for what ever boards the group has permissions to moderate.

No as far as the profile goes.. yes you can make it where moderators add stuff like awards or warning.

a admin will have to set it up in the profile fields options

Admin panel>user&groups>profiles>profile fields

then you will have to go through the different fields and select.

Moderators for
(.Who can modify the profile field value ?)

then hit save.. you will have to do this for each field one by one.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by blindbat1457 August 13th 2010, 3:32 am

kirk wrote:you know you guys are flip flopping on the whole thing and i am confused.
you can set different groups to have different permissions as well as the permissions for moderator groups.

like here we have different groups.. mods global mods etc.. all those groups permissions are set different for what ever boards the group has permissions to moderate.

No as far as the profile goes.. yes you can make it where moderators add stuff like awards or warning.

a admin will have to set it up in the profile fields options

Admin panel>user&groups>profiles>profile fields

then you will have to go through the different fields and select.

Moderators for
(.Who can modify the profile field value ?)

then hit save.. you will have to do this for each field one by one.

No you can't your wrong.. jk Smile
Yeah Kirk is right forgot about that sorry.
blindbat1457
blindbat1457
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 13th 2010, 3:45 am

yups guitar

we'll just have to wait for ifureadthisdie to reply to make sure he knows how to do it.

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ifureadthisdie August 13th 2010, 6:45 pm

kirk wrote:yups guitar

we'll just have to wait for ifureadthisdie to reply to make sure he knows how to do it.

I posted in the very first post. That works only for the regular moderators..but NOT for any other moderator we make. What I'm trying to say is. Look i made a different group of mods that are called. Competition mods.
These mods are only mods for the competition forums. They can moderate the forums like normal, lock, delete threads, move etc. However they cannot BAN a member, they also cannot edit their profiles. Regular mods, yes, admins, of course, but any other group of mods i make cannot. I was asking if there was a permission control for banning, and for profile editing, so i can give this group of mods that power. I've yet to find it and i have huuuge doubts that there is..how ever like i posted above. I found out something very strange...

If i add a member from the competition mod group, to a regular mod group. And then delete them from the regular mod group, they stay stuck with their power. This kind of solved my problem..but this could just be a glitch, if it's fixed one day, I'm screwed. And i think it would be better to always have complete power of this. So anyway, is there any control?
ifureadthisdie
Forumember

Back to top Go down