The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Contact from abuse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contact from abuse

Post by PrincessTyper on August 14th 2010, 4:48 pm

Ok i think that only members should be able to use the contact forum as i banned a user and he or she came back and spammed my contact from with messages saying F*** you and i will kill you and this is very bad so i think that only members on your site should be able to use it.

PrincessTyper
Forumember

Female Posts : 234
Language : english

http://gamercapx.4umer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Contact from abuse

Post by Sanket on August 14th 2010, 4:50 pm

Thats not possible. If members want to report something, they can do so by PM'ing you.

The report abuse feature is for users who want to report something.

About the bad language they are using, just ignore it & move the abuses to done abuses.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessTyper on August 14th 2010, 7:54 pm

@Sanket wrote:Thats not possible. If members want to report something, they can do so by PM'ing you.

The report abuse feature is for users who want to report something.

About the bad language they are using, just ignore it & move the abuses to done abuses.

No you don't get it a random "guest" used the contact from to send me abuse messages and as it's a guest and i have no idea witch one i can't ip ban, no one wanted to report any thing at he that guest just was abuse the contact from as he or she knows i can't ban them because i don't know the ip of that user

PrincessTyper
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Karma on August 14th 2010, 8:24 pm

Hello,

I'm on a specific forum where Admins, Mods and users abuse their powers and degrade other members. Is there a place where I can report this forum and possible?

Fishing4Karma

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessTyper on August 14th 2010, 9:41 pm

@Fishing4Karma wrote:Hello,

I'm on a specific forum where Admins, Mods and users abuse their powers and degrade other members. Is there a place where I can report this forum and possible?

Why did you post your problem in my thread make your own god

and if you don't like that forum just leave it, as in don't go back on

PrincessTyper
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Karma on August 14th 2010, 10:50 pm

Uh.. Oh crap, I didn't realize this, I'm sorry. I just saw the title and yeah, shoot. Sorry to have disturbed you, Miss :T

Fishing4Karma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia on August 15th 2010, 6:36 am

And by the way, reporting a forum to the FM staff doesn't mean that it will be necessarily shut down. First of all, proofs of TOS breaking are required, and don't try to photoshop them for God's sake, this cheating won't work !
Then, the forum will be verified in order to confirm or infirm if there's really a TOS breaking. If TOS breaking is found, the forum will be shut down. Otherly, it won't be shut down.

Conclusion : It's no use to report a forum if you hate its admin's guts or if you want to avenge yourself, the staff won't fall for it !

And just to give an example from my experience : During my first months of moderation here (2005-2006 - I'm now retired since Oct 2007), I have witnessed an avenging attempt, as a girl was threatened by someone she banned. The threatening guy sent me a first report, telling me that the girl's forum had racist posts. I ask him for proofs. He shows me screenshots showing black-racist pics. But when I checked the forum, at the exact topics, I saw none of these pics. Then I registered to the forum and showed the screenshots to the girl, then she told me about a threatening guy that caused her trouble.

So, finally, the forum wasn't shut down, and the reporter got banned, as his report was abusive and slanderous.

Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneRaven on August 15th 2010, 7:48 am

My opinion on it is if they are proven as false, report the IP to it's service provider as a cyber bully and for making threats. Let them decide on their own if their BS is worth their loss of service or not for themselves. Just an opinion. But it would stop a lot of the false reports don't you think?

StoneRaven
Forumember

Male Posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam360 on August 15th 2010, 12:01 pm

@StoneRaven wrote:My opinion on it is if they are proven as false, report the IP to it's service provider as a cyber bully and for making threats. Let them decide on their own if their BS is worth their loss of service or not for themselves. Just an opinion. But it would stop a lot of the false reports don't you think?

Its a report and thefore, the IP address is annonymous.

This mysterious person could be using your forum on an account and what you can do is try to match up their words, examples are as follows:

Lolza or omfgbbq,

just some things that only that person says, try to go by more than one word though, as you may be IP banning the wrong person. always get more than 3 identical words that are only used by this person, do not use common words such as and, of, goodbye, lol or any ther common words.

Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessTyper on August 15th 2010, 2:38 pm

Ok i guess no one can do any thing i think the contact from is silly to be honest as i said in my first post a guest can submit a contact from and you can't find out there ip because you don't get ips in contact from's, and i can't just ban every guests ip just so one guest can't come back it is silly.

any way you might as well lock this as users are posting here with there problems and not helping at all.

if you want help with your problem make a new thread don't post it in some one else's.

PrincessTyper
Forumember

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum