The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long?

4 posters

Go down

How long? Empty How long?

Post by leamarieuk August 20th 2010, 2:35 pm

I reported a forum for copying mine...but have heard nothing and nothing has been done.

Any idea how long this should take?

This is the original thread

https://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/how-can-i-report-a-forum-t76304.htm#490843
leamarieuk
Forumember

Language : english

http://www.psfcforum.com

Back to top Go down

How long? Empty Re: How long?

Post by Darren1 August 20th 2010, 2:46 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry about the delay.
It can take up to 7 days, depending if Typlo has, or has not read it.
There is no way to tell who read the report.
There will be no action done if the Techs don't see any ToS violations.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by leamarieuk August 22nd 2010, 7:28 pm

I'm getting the impression that forumotion will do nothing anyway as legally they have done nothing wrong.

It is just so frustrating to put so much time and effort into a site just to have another site come and pinch everything Sad I just assumed as this other site is also on forumotion that something could be done
leamarieuk
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy August 23rd 2010, 3:15 am

Please read this:
forumotion and or onlineguardian are not obligated to get back and answer anyone that puts in a report or a complaint.The same way they are not obligated to tell or give anyone a reason why a persons forum was shut down.

If you have been reporting this.. and no action is taken then it means forumotion litigation's team or onlineguardian did not find the report or complaint to be enough for them to take any actions.

what ever the complain or report is.. you have to provide as much proof as posibil along with screen shots.. if it's something with copyrights that some one owns and another person/forum is useing any such materials then you have to provide proof such as a pdf file of documentation stating you or persons in fact own the rights to any copyrighted material..

I mean you have to understand.. people are cut throats and will fabricate and complain about everthing and anything just to have another person shut down.. forumotion and onlineguardian know this. and get false and fabricated stories complaints all the time.
So they are not going to shut anyone down unless there is some real proof or real indications that are legitimate and real violations of the given report or complain that is received.

they are not going to shut someone down just for bickering with each other.
if that was the case everyone would be shut down and know one would have any forums. forumotions litigation's team along with onlineguardian investigate all reports and complaints and make a decision. I mean i have explained this so many times to people that i am sick of hearing about this garbage. we are not even supposed to keep any such threads regarding complaints or reports about forums because this is a support forum for tech support and not where you make or discuss complaints about other forums.

but i try to be a nice guy and explain to people..
It seems people only here what they want to here?
the bottom line is you have to complain to forumotion litigation's.. it's in there hands and are a seprate team/staff from us here on forumotion support.
If a forum is in fact in real violations then they will be shut down.. Us staff here with the exception of typlo do not have anything to do with litigation's,policies or procedures.. but we do know they do not and will not shut anyone down without credible evidence and proof of any violations or accusations submitted.

All you can do is keep reporting it and provide solid information or proof that will clearly show there is a legit violation and forumotions litigations team will decide what action to take. whether it be handed over to onlinegurdian,Warnings put in place,contentent remomoval, forum being shut or leagel actions to be taken. (depending on a given report)

You can also check the status of a forum hat was reported and handed over to onlinegurdain@.
www.onlineguardian.net

if nothing comes up then that either means they did not feel the report was enough to have them shut down or forumotion has not handed it over to them yet.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by leamarieuk August 23rd 2010, 9:05 pm

thank you...I did put in my earlier post that after reading more information on here that I understood that nothing could be done as leagally they had done nothing wrong.

I'm sure you can appreciate just how frustrated I was to see what this other site had done.

Thank you for taking the time to post this though
leamarieuk
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 24th 2010, 8:02 am

people copy other websites and forums all the time.
there is not really a great deal you can do about this unless you have all the images,logos, slogans etc.. copyrighted.

then if that was the case you can just send a copy of the documentation of the copyrighted material to litigation and the forum would have to remove it and stop useing it or they would be shut down due to copyright violations.

if you can post your forum link and the other forum link.
And have you tried contacting the admin of the other forum to see if compromise with him and see if he will change the look. he might not budge but it's worth a try and at least you can say that you did ask him for if you did get everything copyrighted.

Or may be try to set up some sort of merge as affiliates between both of your forums that will brings some of his members into yours and some of your members in to there's.. it depends if yous would be willing to try that and work together.. i actually suggested that a couple years ago to someone and both forums worked out a good deal and both were happy.

so just a thought?

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by leamarieuk August 24th 2010, 9:39 am

deffinately not willing to offer a merge...we have over 5,500 members they have something like 50 so not in my best interests.

guess all I can do is keep an eye on it all for now Sad

thanks
leamarieuk
Forumember

Back to top Go down