The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Scammer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scammer?

Post by TestAwesome! on August 27th 2010, 12:09 pm

Hello *again, I am sorry for making so many threads Razz*
But recently all my Administrators on my website received a Private Message from a user which got onto my website called 'Guest'. Well, it was not a user.. it was like the user deleted itself after Private Messaging me (Deleting yourself is not an option I put into on my website)
He/She said:

Want more clients and customers? We will help them find you by putting you on the 1st page of Google. Email us back to get a full proposal

Sender email address: ceceliamaloney02@gmail.com

Is this a scam?
Thanks.

TestAwesome!
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Scammer?

Post by blindbat1457 on August 27th 2010, 12:12 pm

Well I personally wouldn't trust the message. But it could just be a spammer trying to make some money. Of course he won't do it for and not sure how trusting he is, best bet for you is to leave it alone. Unless your forum is gigantic with thousands and thousands of users I don't think it should matter much.

blindbat1457
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Post by TestAwesome! on August 27th 2010, 12:18 pm

@blindbat1457 wrote:Well I personally wouldn't trust the message. But it could just be a spammer trying to make some money. Of course he won't do it for and not sure how trusting he is, best bet for you is to leave it alone. Unless your forum is gigantic with thousands and thousands of users I don't think it should matter much.

Lol, it definitely isn't huge Razz Thanks though. I wasnt gonna trust the message, but I hope nobody else gets this Razz

TestAwesome!
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Spuddie978 on August 27th 2010, 1:12 pm

I WOUDNT TRUST SPAM EMAIL IGNORE THEM INKOW HOW HE DID THAT DOWN BOTTOM OFF FORUMS (FOTTER)it said contact all admins will get that email

Spuddie978
Forumember

Male Posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on August 27th 2010, 1:54 pm

Hi,

Indeed this is a scammer.
He contact you via PM via the "Contact" form on the footer.
He was not a member, ever.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum