The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

my forum got hacked.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my forum got hacked.

Post by Desu on August 30th 2010, 3:41 am

and the hackers got something that allowed them to get all the info of the users, and have been logging in as them. Is there anything I can do?

Desu

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: my forum got hacked.

Post by Jophy on August 30th 2010, 4:10 am

First of all, what are they doing on the forum? If they're 'hackers' and been doing something around like posting spams, deleting posts, use the 'Back up tool' found on my signature and ban them if needed.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Desu on August 30th 2010, 4:17 am

one of them said something like "We have your hashes so no matter what we have all of your users info!" i dunno what a hash is though. Also, they're screwing around with peoples accounts and logging in as them and posting grotesque pictures all over the site.

Desu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on August 30th 2010, 4:19 am

As I'd mentioned just ban those account for the meantime and close the forum if needed, use the utilities if needed, this happened maybe because those 'hackers' sent them links via pm and they'd clicked it therefore getting their ip addresses and injecting a key logger so they're accessing their accounts, just remind your members not to click links sent by strangers nextime.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum