The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Roll Playing Game

4 posters

Go down

Forum Roll Playing Game Empty Forum Roll Playing Game

Post by cott2e4c Tue 31 Aug - 6:17

How does this system work? I saw it in my ACP and want to try it for my forum. How will this game work? It seems like thers heaps of field values to set, is there a "tryout" example of the values to be set. I do not understand how it will work after i set it. Please show me an example of what values I should put in it.

EDIT: JUST SO YOU KNOW I HAVE READ https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/the-rpg-feature-t3347.htm#18932
However it only tells you how to make the RPG not how it will work and how users play it. Can soemone explain?
Your help would be great

Thanks

Scott
cott2e4c
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forum Roll Playing Game Empty Re: Forum Roll Playing Game

Post by [EH]agentx44 Tue 31 Aug - 7:01

ME too i want to know how so my members can enjoy my forum playing with RPG even if they are bored
[EH]agentx44
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Isshin Tue 31 Aug - 12:01

Hello, perhaps I can help you with this.

RPG in a forum is simply role playing done in a forums by means of using words to express or act out what your character wants to do, say, etc...

To make a proper RPG in your forum, you must start by making a good set of rules. Rules such as:
1. No God Moding
--Anything, and anyone can take damage. You decide the death of your own character, but please, not plot armor

2. No Meta-gaming
--Some players have violated this rule frequently. If some player posts something that he/she or their faction only knows, you cannot come up with something that says "I KNOW THAT TOO." That is plain silly. Popping up inside enemy bases, making their security forces stupid, or inept is meta gaming. You cannot control a personnel or mobile suit of the opposite faction of you are not given permission to do so.

3. Stay within the realms of reality
--Gundam is sci-fi I know, but you cannot magically jump into the cockpit of a mobile suit that is 60 feet high from the ground. Also, bullet-time (matrix style dodging) is not allowed. It cheapens the plot.

4. Courtesy, avoid Flaming!
--There have been complaints that people are using foul language or flaming others. For example. telling someone to "shut the f--k" up is immature and will be frowned upon.

The next step would be creating a storyline. Gundam (giant robots) for example or something popular. Your aim to Role Play within your chosen universe and have fun while doing it.

After you've established the rules of your RPG and storyline, you can now start making custom guidelines for "Character Creation". Guidelines such as name of character, age, sex, etc... These guidelines will be known as your "Character Creation Template", a reference for future players who will create characters for your RP.

Now if your RPG contains fights or is very violent like mine. You need to create a battle system. Some RPGs have fight mods who determine the outcome of the battles. Some RPGs use a dice system to determine the outcome of the battle. In my RPG, I use an automated dice to determine hits and misses. Each hit would deal damage to a player, therefore decreasing his HP. When a player's HP reaches 0, he/she is defeated.

Basically a forum RPG is a story told by one or more players all together.

I hope that helps. If you have anymore questions or if you need a more concrete example, please visit my forumotion website.

Have fun role playing. ^^
Isshin
Isshin
Forumember

Male Posts : 42

http://final-fantasy-msl.justboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by cott2e4c Wed 1 Sep - 2:10

Alright I understand now.
cott2e4c
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BeybladeAdmin Sun 19 Sep - 14:33

Isshin wrote:In my RPG, I use an automated dice to determine hits and misses. Each hit would deal damage to a player, therefore decreasing his HP. When a player's HP reaches 0, he/she is defeated.

Does the dice you use automatically deal damage to the user? Or does a mod have to edit the damage in on their life-force? If you could reply please I would be quite grateful. I have been trying to figure out a way to deal damage automatically for an RPG site I am working on.
BeybladeAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by cott2e4c Mon 20 Sep - 0:32

i have to edit it. it is not auto.
cott2e4c
Forumember

Back to top Go down