The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Fansite Forum Copyright Laws

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fansite Forum Copyright Laws

Post by catstop on September 3rd 2010, 12:38 am

Hello, I'm a Wikia wiki admin for a TV show and the forum feature is terrible. I was recommended by a friend to Forumotion. I was looking at stub articles on the wiki and I noticed a disclaimer Wikia automatically adds saying that all copyrighted images and names fall under the "creative commons act" with Wikipedia making them legal. So - if Wikipedia is what allows my wiki to be legal and not in any violations - what about a forum? Does anyone know if a non-licensed fan sites are legal or at least allowed? Can I have a fan made - fan ran forum on a TV show legally? Does the creative common law cover forums also? What about US Fair Use Copyright law 107? Does Forumotion have a blanket licence policy for PRODUCTIONS IG? I know that they actively protected the franchise on Youtube, but what about on fan sites? Thanks - Ginger.

catstop

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Fansite Forum Copyright Laws

Post by KingOfSports on September 3rd 2010, 12:42 am

You are thinking way too much about this. You can make a forum about anything with any name you want as long as it follows the ToS.

Also, ForuMotion is based off of the French ForumActif, so the laws aren't written to meet US standards.

KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

TOS

Post by catstop on September 3rd 2010, 12:50 am

But the TOS says "no copyright infringement". If I'm using copyrighted terms and images without permission - could this be counted? The reason why I'm doing this much is I already have multiple starting pages (over 300) that I'm going put a Copyscape on. If I get banned for violation of TOS I loose all of my starter pages and can't re post them anywhere else. P.S. This is also a Japanese TV show Thanks - Ginger

catstop

Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum