The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Topic closes after 990 posts...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Topic closes after 990 posts...?

Post by tarsky on September 6th 2010, 10:02 pm

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I just joined... but I have a question. Is it normal that a thread on my forum closes at 990 posts? Is there a way to change it? Because I have an RP that is popular and so far on the 4th thread after the first one being opened on August 4th- just over a month ago. I know I could merge them, but is there a more... permanent fix to this problem?
I can't just reopen it, either, since it automatically make a new thread for it.

tarsky

Female Posts : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic closes after 990 posts...?

Post by KingOfSports on September 6th 2010, 10:10 pm

KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Re: Topic closes after 990 posts...?

Post by kirk on September 6th 2010, 11:31 pm

Well the topic is actually re-started in another thread
What i usually suggest our members in the rare occasion of exceeding a topic limit is to.

Make the continuing topic a sticky and be sure to add to the title that it is a continuation of the previous topic.Then in the very last post of the fist topic be sure to add the link leading to the new one.. you can also quote the first message of the topic to edit in the first message of the new thread/topic so your members know and understand what the topic starter was about.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum