The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

How to attach a Word or PDF to a Post?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to attach a Word or PDF to a Post?

Post by MikeJoc on September 8th 2010, 4:14 pm

I can't find a way to attach a document to a post. Often times this is PDF or word document that we want to make available to the user base. Is this possible outside of sending a message with an attachement. Thanks

MikeJoc
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: How to attach a Word or PDF to a Post?

Post by Guest on September 8th 2010, 5:33 pm

ACP - General - Messages - Attachments - Allow attachments : Yes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thats just for messages right?

Post by MikeJoc on September 8th 2010, 10:31 pm

I want to have a button that lets you attach a file to a forum post or reply so everyone can see it. Is that possible.

MikeJoc
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: How to attach a Word or PDF to a Post?

Post by MrMario on September 8th 2010, 10:37 pm

Once you activate it go to a new topic and below the posting box click attachments.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Reputation : 1830
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How to attach a Word or PDF to a Post?

Post by koimaster on September 9th 2010, 5:23 am

@MrMario wrote:Once you activate it go to a new topic and below the posting box click attachments.

tried 4 x and this does not work

koimaster
Forumember

Male Posts : 162
Reputation : 0
Language : english
Location : Oregon

http://watchlords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: How to attach a Word or PDF to a Post?

Post by Darren1 on September 9th 2010, 9:54 am

Hi,

@koimaster wrote:
@MrMario wrote:Once you activate it go to a new topic and below the posting box click attachments.

tried 4 x and this does not work

Does not work, as in not show up at all?

Sounds like you havent updated your templates, please view & update via this thread
=> http://help.forumotion.com/updates-and-new-features-f1/new-update-attachments-and-global-announcements-t67109.htm#comments

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: How to attach a Word or PDF to a Post?

Post by koimaster on September 14th 2010, 1:09 am

@Darren1 wrote:Hi,

@koimaster wrote:
@MrMario wrote:Once you activate it go to a new topic and below the posting box click attachments.

tried 4 x and this does not work

Does not work, as in not show up at all?

Sounds like you havent updated your templates, please view & update via this thread
=> http://help.forumotion.com/updates-and-new-features-f1/new-update-attachments-and-global-announcements-t67109.htm#comments


Read it and I use PhpBB3 on my forum and I did not see anything for that version.

koimaster
Forumember

Male Posts : 162
Reputation : 0
Language : english
Location : Oregon

http://watchlords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: How to attach a Word or PDF to a Post?

Post by CPInsider on September 14th 2010, 1:28 am

If you have a google account you can upload it there and then take the url and paste it or the HTML into your forum I use that a lot.

CPInsider
Forumember

Male Posts : 190
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://allaroundinsiders.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum