The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

If i have a domain name

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If i have a domain name

Post by Kiwi-Racing-NZ on September 15th 2010, 4:13 am

If i have a domain name that i have purchased from a place.. is it possible that i can point my (domain name) to a forumotion website?

is this possible? i can edit my domain management etc but what would i need to do if this was possible?

Kiwi-Racing-NZ

Male Posts : 6
Language : New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: If i have a domain name

Post by KingOfSports on September 15th 2010, 10:42 pm

You would probably need access to the domain management to prove that you are in fact the owner of the domain.

KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by mahmohammad on September 18th 2010, 1:25 am

I have an external domain name and I forwarded it to my forumotion forum. So now if anybody goes to "My-domain.com" reaches "My-domain.forumotion.com" which is what I want.
Is it possible to have only "My-domain.com" on the address bar instead of "My-domain.forumotion.com"? I don't want people to see I'm using a free forum software, people may don't like it. Rolling Eyes

My other question is, what if oneday I want to use something like Vbulletin on a server and not using Forumotion free forums anymore? Can I transfer all the data and members to my new forum? Is that possible?

Thanks
Mohammad

mahmohammad

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on September 18th 2010, 1:36 am

Hi,

@mahmohammad wrote:I have an external domain name and I forwarded it to my forumotion forum. So now if anybody goes to "My-domain.com" reaches "My-domain.forumotion.com" which is what I want.
Is it possible to have only "My-domain.com" on the address bar instead of "My-domain.forumotion.com"? I don't want people to see I'm using a free forum software, people may don't like it. Rolling Eyes

My other question is, what if oneday I want to use something like Vbulletin on a server and not using Forumotion free forums anymore? Can I transfer all the data and members to my new forum? Is that possible?

Thanks
Mohammad

Try following this guide and see if it makes any difference as far as the custom domain goes
=> http://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/redirect-an-extern-domain-name-that-you-own-to-your-board-t7021.htm

Unfortunately no you cannot gain any data or SQL info from the DB when/if you do decide to move away from ForuMotion ....

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by mahmichael on September 18th 2010, 2:41 am

OK, so can I be confident that forumotion will not add advertisements on my forum? or Can I be confident that forumotion will not add prices for using their forums?

Thanks

mahmichael

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum