The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

define "special rank"

2 posters

Go down

define "special rank" Empty define "special rank"

Post by Guest September 15th 2010, 7:48 pm

I set up a group on my forum along with a rank to go with it. The only way to display the badge for this member is to set them with a "special rank", otherwise the badge for that group wont show. I noticed that users had 'special' privileges while in this group, such as modifying other members profiles..

I need to know exactly what are these special privileges that members with a 'special rank' have and how can i modify those privileges for a special rank.

Back to top Go down

define "special rank" Empty Re: define "special rank"

Post by KingOfSports September 15th 2010, 10:40 pm

ACP > Users and Groups > Group Administration

Check the permissions of the special rank.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 16th 2010, 12:29 am

It only says if they are moderators or have access to specifics forum. These members were able to modify other users profiles... I was not aware of that because it doesn't clarify that anywhere.. is there no way?

I put these users in a group and its not showing their rank image at all unless i make the rank a special, which I cannot do if these members are suddenly getting privileges to do things as if they were mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 16th 2010, 6:55 am

Hi,

A rank doesn't do anything, it just gives u the ability to give it to specific users rather than being a rank based on post numbers.

I would suggest that you have a look at the users permissions (via the admin panel) to see if they are a member of any groups, and check if those group/s have the ability to moderate any section of the forum (that includes to stick/announce/global a post) and if that group does have that ability, disallow that group to stick or moderate any forums.

That should prevent them from doing things that only moderator's should be able to do so.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down