The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem with getting to PMs and look of forum

5 posters

Go down

problem with getting to PMs and look of forum Empty problem with getting to PMs and look of forum

Post by tilly Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:30 pm

A handful of my members are having problems with the forum. It won't let them get into their messages - to read or write. Also the screen shows all funky. I got one of the members to take a screen shot for me, so will attach that here for you to see. I have not done anything to the forum. I have advised them to clear their cookies and try a different browser, but still having problems.

Hopefully someone can help.

Here are the screen shots to give you an idea of the issue. And there is also a screen shot of what it is supposed to look like.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

problem with getting to PMs and look of forum Funkyscreen

problem with getting to PMs and look of forum Funkyscreen2

problem with getting to PMs and look of forum Capture
tilly

Language : english

Back to top Go down

problem with getting to PMs and look of forum Empty Re: problem with getting to PMs and look of forum

Post by KingOfSports Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Tell them to clear cookies and cache. Some of them might not have cookies enabled so tell them to enable them as well.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

problem with getting to PMs and look of forum Empty Re: problem with getting to PMs and look of forum

Post by StrongHold Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Also if you have just updated your css, press Shift+F5 to clear the cookies for that page.
StrongHold
Forumember

Language : English, HTML, CSS, PHP

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks - I have already told them to clear their cookies (but will make sure they have them enabled). Will let them know about the cache also.

As to the CSS - I have no idea what that is and haven't made any changes the forum - only thing admin related has been approving members.
tilly

Back to top Go down

Post by StrongHold Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Can we have a link to the forum to better see what is the problem?
StrongHold
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Here is the forum link and a temporary user name/password for you to use. This is NOT happening with everyone. The ones that I know of come to is less than 10 - at least right now. I have given pics of what it looks like in the 1st post. It is also something that will come and go - there are a few more now that have had these issues.

Link: http://rebornersanonymous.forumotion.com
user name: testing 123
password: password123
tilly

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:56 pm

bumping up!!!

Hopefully someone can help!
tilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi,

Could you please try changing your skin to see if that skin is the problematic one?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:50 pm

I have never changed the skin - has always been the same one since we started in Apr/May 2009.

I will try it though. Its only a handful of people having the problem though - its not everyone. They use different browsers too, so thats not it.
tilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Ask them to use any other browser except IE.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:27 pm

They have used other browsers and that doesn't solve the problem.

It has been happening with IE, safari (IPOD) - windows and mac.

tilly

Back to top Go down

Post by StrongHold Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Well its fine for me on every browser but IE. And iPods dont load styles correctly all the time, thats a known fact.
StrongHold
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:39 pm

I don't think they used other browsers. I can see it on all browsers. It works for me on IE too.
Checked it on Safari-Iphone, works just absolutely fine.

Ask them to clear their cache.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Ok - thanks - I will tell them "again" (if they haven't done so yet).
tilly

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Oh and I had one person say they had issues with firefox.

tilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:08 am

Please post screenshots. I have checked in all browsers, it works as it should.
Ask them to clear cache or use a updated version of browsers.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Sanket - in my first post there are 2 screen shots of what it looks like for them. Then there is the one of what it should look like.

I know it has to be something to do with their computer - not the forum, but I'm at a loss as what it could be. It started out of nowhere for them - it will be fine for a day and then go back to the screwy look.

I did ask them if they have tried using a different cpu, rebooting, running security checks, etc. I'm waiting to hear back. I know others are using IE without any problems.
tilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Its a cookies/cache problem, that should sort it.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Thanks for your help Sanket! I'll post if there are still problems.
tilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:51 am

Sure, let us know. I will keep this thread open, just in case.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down