The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Stretched Out Navigation Bar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Stretched Out Navigation Bar

Post by Xandra on Fri 17 Sep - 21:01

So, I've been fiddling around in the admin control panel for hours trying to figure out why the nice, crisp navigation bar that appears in the preview of the layout I chose looks so nice in the preview, but looks like unreadable, squished, stretched-out blah on the actual page. I even linked a friend, who runs off a completely different browser and OS, to see if it was squished to her too, and it is.

Screenshot of the layout preview:

Screenshot of the layout on the actual forum:

I've tried just about everything I can think of. Help?

Xandra

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Stretched Out Navigation Bar

Post by Jophy on Sat 18 Sep - 9:36

Any new codes added on your forum? Or maybe it's just your screen resolution? A link to your forum would help.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Xandra on Sat 18 Sep - 15:32

http://btnotebook.forum-motion.com/forum.htm That'd be the forum. Nothing at all there yet and won't be for a while, but the navigation bar is extremely distracting.

I haven't added anything there yet, and I know nothing of coding, though I'm sure it's probably something to do with a code. It's been like that from the second I chose that layout, and no amount of tweaking makes it better.

It isn't my screen resolution, either. I've changed it several times to check, and it still looks stretched on any other setting. I work off Windows 7 in Firefox, and I sent the link to my friend, who works off a Mac in Safari and both of us see a distorted, unreadable nav bar. Even attempting to copy and replace the images for the buttons didn't fix it, deleting the title didn't fix it, and removing the header graphic didn't fix it. Something else is causing it to be squished.

And it's aggravating. TT

Xandra

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on Sat 18 Sep - 15:37

Try reinstalling the skin.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xandra on Sat 18 Sep - 15:52

All right, I sort of figured out what was going on. After I changed from one HitSkin (velvet surface) to the simple gray one (stylized darkelf EN), it glitched and somehow held onto some of the design details from the first one, making the box backgrounds and the navigation bar shape stay the same as the velvet layout while changing everything else. I thumbed through a bunch of others and found that those two features still stayed the same, no matter the skin I chose.

I finally set the version to phpBB3, then back to BB2 and it seemed to clear whatever the problem was. It's now displaying properly.

Xandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on Sun 19 Sep - 2:06

Since this thread is marked solved, I will lock this thread.

Sanket Smile

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum