The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Editing pictures in a post.

4 posters

Go down

Editing pictures in a post. Empty Editing pictures in a post.

Post by Cipher September 22nd 2010, 4:40 am

Hi,

I created my forum in July, and this problem only started within the last 2 weeks or so. I don't know if you changed the format or the forums, or if I changed something myself in my settings to cause this without realizing it. (I haven't made any changes though that I'm aware of)

Basically, I like to post images on my forum from imagebam.com. Then after I make the post I like to go back and edit my post and add text after certain pictures.
So before I used to just click on edit, I would then see all the thumbnails to the pictures and i could drop my mouse cursor at the beginning of the row of pictures, in between the pictures, or at the end of the row of pictures. Then pressing enter a few times i could create a little space between the pictures to add some text. It was very good and convenient.
Now suddenly, it doesn't allow me to drop the cursor before the row of pictures or at the end of the row of pictures, only the ones in the middle. I hope this makes sense.

I've even gone back to old posts that were allowing me to drop my cursor before or after a row of thumbnails, and now it won't allow me on those posts either.

Also, another member of mine tells me when they go to edit or quote a post, the thumbnails don't even show up anymore, they just get the html code/text of the images only.

Any help is appreciated....

Thanks
Jim

Last edited by Cipher on September 22nd 2010, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Cipher
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Editing pictures in a post. Empty Re: Editing pictures in a post.

Post by Mr. Boy September 22nd 2010, 6:13 am

Go to ImageShack its another great picture upload website, it's really easy to upload pictures, and I dont think any people had problem using to post the images on the forum the link ImageShack

Mr. Boy
Mr. Boy

Male Posts : 13
Language : Portuguese and English

http://lol-omg.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher September 22nd 2010, 8:42 am

imagebam is much better for a number of reasons. Besides, as I said, it was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago.
Cipher
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 22nd 2010, 9:20 am

Hi,

Could you please clear the cache & cookies of your browser & see what that does?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher September 22nd 2010, 9:55 am

Darren1 wrote:Hi,

Could you please clear the cache & cookies of your browser & see what that does?

Interesting.....

After deleting my cookies, now its made it so it just shows the image codes in the message box.... no more thumbnails.

So now I can edit a post and make spaces for text..... but....

I liked how it was before when I edited or quoted a post I could actually see the thumbnails in the message box.... when posting hundreds of pictures (which I often do) this makes it much easier to edit.
I just which I could get it back to the way I had it before.
Cipher
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 22nd 2010, 9:57 am

We can quickly change that; Simply hit the a/A button above the text box Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher September 22nd 2010, 10:08 am

Darren1 wrote:We can quickly change that; Simply hit the a/A button above the text box Wink

ok thanks....
I'm still confused as to the problem I mentioned in my original post.....

For example, say I have a row of 5 images.......
Before i could drop my cursor before or after any image.
Now it won't let me drop the cursor at all before 1 or after 5.

So lets say I drop the cursor between image 4 and 5, press enter....... image 5 now drops to the next line...... well now it won't let me drop the cursor after image 4, or after image 5 which is on the next line

I don't know what i could be doing wrong if its me.....
I tried left justified, center, justified, nothing works
Cipher
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 22nd 2010, 10:11 am

So the problem does persist?

Can you click at the end of the last image, and hit the arrow key left and type anything.
Does that add text in-between those 2 images or not?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher September 22nd 2010, 10:17 am

no I can't drop the cursor at the end of any image on any row

So as i said in my example above, I can drop it in between images, and press enter so it goes to the next line. But even if its just one image on the next line, i still can't put my cursor after that single image, even though there is plenty of space after it. or before it

it only lefts me put the cursor between images
Cipher
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 22nd 2010, 10:22 am

So you do see the curser blink between any 2 images?

Could you take a screenshot of the curser in between any 2 images & at the end of a row.

You can blur the image out if you desire Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher September 22nd 2010, 10:31 am

yes i can drop the cursor between any 2 images. its dropping it before or after any single image thats the problem.

even if i only post one picture, i can't put the cursor before or after it...... it only works between 2 images

here is a screen shot and I highlighted the images, so you can see thats its even showing the spaces where the cursor can drop (between 1&2, 2&3,3&4,4&5,5&6)

http://www.imagebam.com/image/99df5698792460
Cipher
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher September 22nd 2010, 10:38 am

it doesn't seem to work on this forum either....... perhaps imagebam.com has changed their image codes or something..... the codes look the same to me though...

see for yourself..... it won't let you drop the cursor after the last image. I swear it used to let me..... it made adding text very simple...

Editing pictures in a post. 8a807090749664 Editing pictures in a post. 3d282290749668 Editing pictures in a post. 40917990749677 Editing pictures in a post. 406ca290749679
Cipher
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher September 22nd 2010, 10:41 am

actually, when you go and quote my post it will let you drop it after the last image.... but when i was posting it, it didn't allow me too...hmmmm

and on my forum replying with a quote doesn't make a difference

(sorry about my multi posts)

EDIT: 9/22
This is seriously driving me crazy. I just spend about 15 minutes trying to add text to my images when it used to take seconds. Its like the formatting of the text box is all messed up.
In fact I even had a situation just now where it wouldn't even allow me to drop my mouse cursor at the end of text either.

I swtiched to forumotion after the collapse of ibpfree and being able to add text to my pictures so easily was one of the things I loved about forumotion. I don't know what changes were made, but please change it back to the way it was 2 weeks ago or so.....this is very frustrating

Last edited by Cipher on September 22nd 2010, 11:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cipher
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 22nd 2010, 10:42 am

May I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button) Wink
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher September 24th 2010, 12:45 am

So no one else is having this issue????

Is there anything in my administration tools, a setting, that maybe I might have possibly changed that would effect how the text box is formatting things??
Cipher
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 24th 2010, 8:02 am

Sorry about the delay, I've been busy preparing for my graduation assembly Wink

I've just quoted the 4 posts & I managed to be able to type there.

When you CLICK the mouse button next to the image and where you SHOULD see the flashing curser (I know you won't see it) type something, does it come up?
I would hope it would come up, if it does, it should be hyper-linked according the the test on the images(meaning it should be blue & under lined)
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher September 24th 2010, 8:52 am

hmmm yeah I can seem to type even though I can't see the cursor drop. Never noticed that before. But I can't do it before the first image though.

Put your cursor between the last 2 images, and press enter, so the 4th image appears on the next line.
Here is a screen shot: http://www.imagebam.com/image/578efc99097845

Then try to put the cursor after the image where I put the red X....... it won't let you. Or if you try to drop the cursor before that 4th image.

So this is the problem I'm having. The last image on a row won't let me drop the cursor at all. So when ever I try to make space to try to add text, this is always going to be an issue.

I hope this is making sense to you. And let me assure you, this worked for me for the last 2+ months I've used forumotion.....i could drop the cursor before or after any image

EDIT:
Let me explain further the way i used to be able to edit my posts...(try to get a mental image)
After i would upload my images i would maybe have 50 images atleast..... so they would be in rows of 7 or 8 across.
Some images I'd like to comment on, so say there was a group of images and they started in the middle of a row. We can call this row 1. So I place the cursor before the first image in the group I want to comment on, and press enter, it now goes to the next line.
I now go to row 1 again where I made the split and drop the cursor at the end of the last image (this is what its not allowing me to do now), then I press enter a few times to make some space..... and then just add my text between row 1 and the row under it that was created when i split Row 1.

So basically, I could start out with a page of images. but have it formatted so its like this:

A row of images
space
text
space
a row of images
space
text
space
row of images
etc

It can't be imagebam.com, because it does it with imagevenue.com also. I can only assume forumotion has made some sort of change in the last few weeks.

EDIT: I figured out a way to work around this issue that isn't so bad. When i press enter to make space as long as i keep pressing it a few tiems fast it makes the proper space needed, then i can use a?a to switch back to the codes and i can see the space and type what i need to type..... so i can get by doing that.....

So I guess I sort of have my issue solved Editing pictures in a post. Icon_mrgreen

Thanks a lot for trying to help me!
Cipher
Forumember

Back to top Go down