The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The looks of my forum?

3 posters

Go down

Solved The looks of my forum?

Post by taylorrtaylorr October 2nd 2010, 11:38 pm

I've been on other forumotion sites and some of them are really neat looking! Like with mcflyfanfiction.com (which is one of these sites), I like how they have the catorgories and on the side they have the most recent things underneath your avatar.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody had some cool layout (I don't know if I want to call it that) to use? Give me the code and tell me how to put it up, I'm still learning!
taylorrtaylorr

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The looks of my forum?

Post by Reverse Simplicity October 2nd 2010, 11:45 pm

Plenty of free templates are available via www.hitskin.com. Without knowledge of HTML or CSS I recommend using one of the themes and then editing it via the admin panel. There are a lot of personalize options available via the panel.

Thats how I did it Very Happy and I would say my forum doesn't look half bad.

There is a wonderful community here and if you are having trouble with a template just ask. Make sure to always be polite as the people here are (Lack of a better word) Donating their time to others.

I recommend starting here Very Happy https://help.forumotion.com/hitskincom-support-f48/how-to-start-with-hitskin-t10572.htm
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Forumember

Male Posts : 140

http://ychat.realityboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by taylorrtaylorr October 2nd 2010, 11:51 pm

It's not so much of a skin I need. I'm more so looking for help on how to change everything around. (I'm terrible with wording, I know) I don't understand how to NOT make my forum so blahh. It looks so plain even after doing so much to it.

Also, it would be nice to have the Latest Topics, like this does, in the corner.
taylorrtaylorr

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity October 3rd 2010, 12:01 am

taylorrtaylorr wrote:It's not so much of a skin I need. I'm more so looking for help on how to change everything around. (I'm terrible with wording, I know) I don't understand how to NOT make my forum so blahh. It looks so plain even after doing so much to it.

Also, it would be nice to have the Latest Topics, like this does, in the corner.
Alright, thats an easy one. That is a forum widget. to activate forum widgets you will need to go to: |Admin Panel>>Modules>>Portal & Widgets>>Forum widgets management| From here is the general options you will need to change the option 'Display forum widgets' from no to yes. Scroll down further in the page and you will see more sections. Go through it and explore the widgets. There are many to chose from and you do not want to over crowd your forum with them.

There is a lot you can change in your admin panel, I find new things all the time. Check it all out, explore it, and see how it looks.

Hope this has helped,
James
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Forumember

Male Posts : 140

http://ychat.realityboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by taylorrtaylorr October 7th 2010, 4:04 am

Thank you so much! Super helpful,really Very Happy
taylorrtaylorr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 7th 2010, 6:42 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
The looks of my forum? 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down