The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Abuse response

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Abuse response

Post by Noctis on October 9th 2010, 9:54 pm

Hello everyone. First and for most this is my site

http://narutorevo.forumotions.net/forum.htm

A few weeks ago, an ex Administrator trashed my site and deleted several codes. I am not sure his reason, but that is beyond the point. Anyway, I worked hard to restore all the codes and then I get this abuse report on my Admin panel that says I am going against copy write laws. Now, let me remind you that he never put up any pictures on the site, all he did was code a few of the widgets, all of which I had to redo after he left. Then, he got on the chat today and said I stole the widgets from her, when in fact our widgets are very different. Nonetheless, he said he was going to report the site for copywrite, and I would like to know how to go about dealing with this problem?

He said this in the report: ( please click the link below )
https://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/50/74/19/abuse10.jpg

Noctis
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Abuse response

Post by MrMario on October 10th 2010, 12:00 am

Its just a report. The reports that you see in the Admin Panel don't go to Forumotion. The official reports do.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis on October 10th 2010, 9:47 pm

Well yes Mr. Mario, but I am a little worried about that. He logged onto my chatbox and started " trolling" and just create a whole bunch of drama. He then went on to say he was gonna get my site shut down. When in fact our widgets look nothing alike, but as extra precautions, I took down the widget. However, he is still saying he is going to report it. So, I logged on to his site to try and talk to him about, and to my surprised I was banned. However, the ban message stated this.

https://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/50/74/19/funny_10.jpg

I am just worried about my site getting shut down. I have talked to a few other people that know him and a few of them mentioned that he has done this before. One even said that he managed to get a site shut down on false claims. I am just scared. And to make matters worse, a week ago, he admited to have borrowed a few of my sites ideas and systems. Which I kinda of brushed off, but anyway can you help me out?

Noctis
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by disdreamer on October 20th 2010, 4:16 am

I was wondering if we are allowed to remove that report an abuse feature. Someone from a competitors forum falsely reported my forum and I wasnt to happy about that. It's not easy brushing a false report off when your innocent.

disdreamer
Forumember

Female Posts : 158
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on October 20th 2010, 4:24 am

Hi,

@disdreamer wrote:I was wondering if we are allowed to remove that report an abuse feature. Someone from a competitors forum falsely reported my forum and I wasnt to happy about that. It's not easy brushing a false report off when your innocent.

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to remove any of the default footer links, including the Report an abuse Wink

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by disdreamer on October 20th 2010, 12:40 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Hi,

@disdreamer wrote:I was wondering if we are allowed to remove that report an abuse feature. Someone from a competitors forum falsely reported my forum and I wasnt to happy about that. It's not easy brushing a false report off when your innocent.

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to remove any of the default footer links, including the Report an abuse Wink

It's just sad that a competitor can come along and falsely report you. i know the importance of the report abuse feature but some people Abuse the report abuse feature. I keep a safe forum and follow the rules forumotion sets.

disdreamer
Forumember

Female Posts : 158
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on October 20th 2010, 12:52 pm

If you do follow the rules, then why worry?

Also abuses are sent to the forum owner & not forumotion.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on October 20th 2010, 1:54 pm

Well for one thing, as long as the widget dose not contain any links or other content that would be in violation of forumotions TOS, then they can report it all they want.. there are no violations.. A widget is a widget.. it's a html code.. who cares if they created the code it's only html anyone can do it if they know how.(I mean thats so immature, you took my widget i'm telling on you) Yeah? Please spare me the agony . affraid lol

Um to answer the report abuse link in the footer.. yes you can remove that if you want.. but all other links that lead to forumotion and phpbb must stay or you will be in violation,however it would be in your best interest to leave the report abuse link there.
Because all reports go to you to take care of any problems or issues that are reported.. If you do not have that there then you would force someone to just send it to litigation's, and you would never get the report or have any control over taking care of the matter.

So once again it would be in your best interest to leave the report abuse link in your footer so you can take care of any reports that may be posted through there.

And now back to the initial question again.So he/she banned you from their forum..Who cares, just ban them from your forum and add the link to this thread along with the reason he/she was banned.So then they can come here and read this.. Then move on and dont even answer or bother with that person anymore. just ignore any stupid message or gossip they may spread in other places.

And Be sure your forum is following all forumotions TOS and you and your staff are maintaining and moderating your forum,.Then you have nothing to worry abaout.
Tell them to go jump in a lake and get to stepping... lol Razz

Considering the questions were answered and i have explained that as long as there are no violations taken place then there is nothing to worry about.
I will now mark this thread solved and lock the topic.There is no reason to keep this open and continue this inquiry any further.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum