The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navbar stays in one line and stretches edit box and forum, only for some users

4 posters

Go down

Navbar stays in one line and stretches edit box and forum, only for some users Empty Navbar stays in one line and stretches edit box and forum, only for some users

Post by Seyel October 14th 2010, 9:30 pm

For a week or so some members have had problems with the appearance of the forum. The navbar stays in one line and it stretches the forum for some members.

Navbar in IE8/IE7:
Navbar stays in one line and stretches edit box and forum, only for some users Editbox04

Navbar in Firefox:
Navbar stays in one line and stretches edit box and forum, only for some users Editbox03

I have chosen "no" in "Force navbar to stay in one line", so I don't know what is the problem. Most of the members with problems have IE8 but not all of them, for most of them this only happens in the edit box, but for others this happen also in every page. Is this any known issue?

Our forum: http://sixthnation.forumotion.net

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Apparently at least one member has this problem with IE7 in all the pages, not only in the editpost. The posted example is with IE8 and only happening in the editbox.

Last edited by Seyel on October 15th 2010, 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add details)
Seyel

Language : English / Spanish

Back to top Go down

Navbar stays in one line and stretches edit box and forum, only for some users Empty Re: Navbar stays in one line and stretches edit box and forum, only for some users

Post by Seyel October 16th 2010, 3:22 am

Sorry, this has been here for over 24h, I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what might happen. Confused
Seyel

Back to top Go down

Navbar stays in one line and stretches edit box and forum, only for some users Empty Re: Navbar stays in one line and stretches edit box and forum, only for some users

Post by Colt November 6th 2010, 1:52 am

I have the same problem & made a post on it too & never came up with any solution for the problem either it seems to only happen on older type monitors possibly only 15 inch set at a certain resolution not so sure about that but I know it is an IE problem for sure.
If you do find a cure let me know I still have a guest with that problem I have since junked my old 15 inch monitor I had for that PC so it don't bother me any more.
Heres the posts I made if ya wanna ck it out it did happen over night it seemed & no changes where made in the admin control panel either.

My old post

Good luck
Colt Hello
Colt
Colt
Forumember

Male Posts : 96
Language : English, Redneck, & Texan

http://thegalaxy.findtalk.biz/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 November 6th 2010, 1:55 am

Because the images are to BIG so that's why they shows like that.
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt November 6th 2010, 2:05 am

Oh so is that why they stay on 1 line smart guy????
Colt
Colt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 November 6th 2010, 2:23 am

If the images are to big then No. Wink
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt November 6th 2010, 2:31 am

Look both Seyel & I stated that we had our navbars set to not be forced to be on 1 line. ankillien has been in my admin control panel & was unable to come up with a solution to the problem. The Problem is NOT to BIG of images as YOU have stated. If you would take the time to read all the posts next time before spouting off you might could be of some help thank you.

Razz
Colt
Colt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Seyel November 6th 2010, 2:49 am

The image's size is not an issue, as Colt has pointed out. I have had the same images for about a year now and only recently (like 2 months maximum) has the problem affect to some people. Only a few members are affected, most of them with IE 7 or 8. No issues with Firefox that I know of. It comes and goes for some members, it stays like that for one or two. Some people have problems in the reply and edit box only, whilst they can see the forum normally. If I find any solution I will post it here or in your thread Colt. I am adding it to my topics being watched in case somebody finds a solution. Thanks for your reply!
Seyel

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt November 6th 2010, 3:10 am

Yeap it happened to me & 4 other sites that I know of about the same time & seems to only be an IE problem & maybe only older tube type monitors. I have even set the forum width to as low as 60% & 400px. neither helped or made any change.

& none of this explains why it will work fine when you set it to display image & text if the the image was to BIG lol. Very Happy

So maybe you can explain that 1 Maki1????
Colt
Colt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBusesCrazy April 5th 2011, 12:55 pm

As i posted on another topic, and edited code version which can be used to sort this out is:
a.mainmenu {
color: #6A60BA;
display: inline-block;
margin-left: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
text-decoration: none;
}

Enter this into your CSS, and the nav-bar will display properly.

Thanks to user 'Colt' who supplied the original code, which i edited to remove the large gaps between the images.
OnTheBusesCrazy
OnTheBusesCrazy
Forumember

Male Posts : 73
Language : English

http://keepingupappearancesfanclub.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt April 6th 2011, 1:03 pm

It was Base that had come up with the code not me.
But I'm sure glad a solution has been found for this problem thanx to everyone that has worked on it. :wouhou:

Edit: I just now read the other post regarding this same problem where you said it had a 1 pix gap I couldn't even tell there was a gap so alls good thanx guys!

Colt
Colt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum