The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Visitors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Visitors

Post by dough_be on October 15th 2010, 1:20 am

First and formost I hope i'm in the right spot for this question.

I am playing a game called 9Dragons. I have my forum, here is the link,

http://forbiddenkingdomhl.niceboard.org

I have it to were there is a PUBLIC forum. But some of the individuals that have stopped playing due to reasons of many i'm sure, and 1 being that Acclaim shut down , lost Database, and Gamersfirst has control over 9Dragons now.

Enough of that, bottomline, I want them to be able to be members on my forum still but no thave acess to the full forum. I am not sure how this can be done. I tried the Admin Panel> General> Catagories and Forums and picking the direct forum and setting up permisions that way. But when I take away the check mark from "members" then I can add to who I want to reply to that forum or not. But then "members" isn't checked marked. So now my delima is, ok they are members but not in league, so i can't uncheck the "members" option, but if i don't do that then I can't put the group i put these individuals in as unchecked for replying to this forum... arg!!

sorry just a little frustrated.. anyway hope this made sense.. been working on this for awhile and it could be a "no" can't be done or it is right infront of my nose.

Thanks in advanced, ask me to clarify if you are confused.

Dough_Be

dough_be

Male Posts : 24
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Visitors

Post by Darren1 on October 15th 2010, 6:11 am

Hello,

Don't worry, I was once like that, once you learn what to do, you'll be sweet as Smile

2 things to do:
1 - Create a new group; call it "members who can see room X" or whatever you like.
Add the member/s.
2 - Go back to change the permissions, DISALLOW everyone but that group to view it > Save.
Only hat group + Admins should be able to see it

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by dough_be on October 16th 2010, 1:24 am

That is what I did, I created a group called "Visitors"
Went to all the forums and put everyone to be able to reply to them but the "members" part was unchecked. Then realized I made to were "members", including the "visitors" now that are members also not able to reply to the forum...

So this is were the issue for me comes into play on how to do it and how frustrated it has been to go back and add the members that i want to be able to reply to the forum/catagory.

Oh boy, I feel like i'm not explaining myself correctly, sorry for that.. i'll leave it like this just incase someone knows what i'm trying to say.. Embarassed

dough_be

Male Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on October 16th 2010, 2:02 am

I sort of do but don't understand that, can you clarify a bit more please?

If the "visitor" group has a lower post requirement that the "member" group, then all members will be in that, even if they leave the group, because it is based on post count, the next time they post they will return to that group

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum