The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Category I just created is missing

2 posters

Go down

Solved Category I just created is missing

Post by Distinguished October 16th 2010, 4:43 am

I see the category on the administration panel, but not on the website itself. I just created it. I even deleted it and tried again and got the same result. Also, peculiar about it is that under "categories and forums," it is the only one that does not give me the "permissions" option, nor does it have the "resycn" icon by it. And it is in bold faced unlike the other categories. What is wrong with it? Please help. Thank you.

Distinguished
Distinguished

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Category I just created is missing

Post by Darren1 October 16th 2010, 4:51 am

Hi,

There is nothing wrong, you've made a category (dort of like a home for forums) rather than a forum.

This guide may assist you https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/differences-between-forum-and-category-t8322.htm

In order for a category to show, it must have a forum attached to it (so you may see it in brackets too)
You can't assign permissions to a category, only to a forum, nor resynch. Their forums options.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Distinguished October 16th 2010, 8:32 pm

Oh, okay. Thank you very much. It worked out perfectly.
Distinguished

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 16th 2010, 8:35 pm

Category I just created is missing Stock_lock-ok Solved Category I just created is missing 103 Locked

Back to top Go down