The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mistake (Domain Name Change)

3 posters

Go down

Solved Mistake (Domain Name Change)

Post by xcQuence Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 14:47

I recently (2-3 days ago) tried to "upgrade" to a premium Domain Name.

It asked me what Domain Name I would prefer to use, so I entered it.
I could locate any rates, however, the screen prompted that my Domain Name was going to be "reserved."

I merely wanted to see if the name was avaliable, and kept proceeding to look for "rates."
However, a few hours later, maybe a day later, my forum name changed to the Premium Domain Name I had "reserved."

I thought "reserved" meant checking to see if the Domain was avaliable.

Apparently, I was able to get the Domain Name for free, which is great (for 365 days), but it wasn't the Domain Name I had decided on, along with the members of my forums.

Is there a way for me to change the "accidental Domain Name Purchase" to what I really want as my Domain?

www.AlphaX.motionforum.net -- Our original forum URL (Free from Forumotion)
www.AlphaXCrew.com -- Apparently a free upgraded Domain Name for 365 Days (Current)
www.TeamALX.com -- The Domain Name I wanted to upgraded to after discussing with forum members.

If there is no way to change my Domain Name from AlphaXCrew.com to TeamALX.com, I'd like to give up my rights to hold the AlphaXCrew.com Domain Name
and purchase a new Domain Name of TeamALX.com.

If any of the staff members of forumotion could either change my Domain from the one I have now to the one I want, that'd be great.
If that is not possible, reverting my Domain Name back to the original AlphaX.motionforum.net would be equally great.

I just want to be able to purchase a Domain Name of "www.TeamALX.com" without a Domain I didn't want, in the way.

Thanks in advance!

xcQuence

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Mistake (Domain Name Change)

Post by Sanket Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 16:21

No way that could be done anymore. You can try PM'ing Typlo to see if he can help you.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by xcQuence Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 18:45

Oh well then it's fine.

Could you deactivate my Domain Name of www.AlphaXCrew.com for me?
We'll use www.AlphaX.motionforum.net until I add credits to change our Domain to www.TeamALX.com

Thanks in advance for the help!
xcQuence

Back to top Go down

Post by xcQuence Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 20:51

Oh alright, I'll PM him.

Sorry but I'm not quite sure on how to find him, could you link me to his inbox or profile? I'm guessing PM'ing him will be the only way to solve this.

EDIT: Nevermind got it. Razz
xcQuence

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 23:04

Solved => Locked
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186