The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not receiving post

3 posters

Go down

I'm not receiving post Empty I'm not receiving post

Post by Angelwings October 27th 2010, 10:59 pm

Hi!
I'm an Administrator for a forum and I'm not receiving a post whenever someone post on the forum! Is there something I need to set in my profile to be able to receive the post? We have several boards on our forum so I'd like to receive the post every time someone goes and post there! lol
Thanks!
Angelwings

Language : English

Back to top Go down

I'm not receiving post Empty Re: I'm not receiving post

Post by Joshriddle1234 October 28th 2010, 1:00 am

What do you mean by "receive" it? If you mean receive an email when someone makes a reply? If so, go on your profile>Preferences> and turn on "Always notify me of replies"
Joshriddle1234
Joshriddle1234
Forumember

Male Posts : 30
Language : English, but can translate other languages in Google translate. :)

http://simcityville.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

I'm not receiving post Empty RE: Receiving post on forum

Post by Angelwings October 28th 2010, 1:28 am

Hi Josh!
Yes that's what I mean. Whenever members post on the forum I don't receive their post and I'd like to. I don't want to receive just post from post that I posted but ALL post, so that I can monitor what is being said. I don't want to put the whole forum on moderated mail. I've been on other forums (such as Google, AT&T) and you receive all the post. I checked the preferences and I only saw a place to mark Yes for receiving mail from post that I initially posted. Hope I am making this clear! lol
Thanks!
Joshriddle1234 wrote:What do you mean by "receive" it? If you mean receive an email when someone makes a reply? If so, go on your profile>Preferences> and turn on "Always notify me of replies"
Angelwings

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshriddle1234 October 28th 2010, 2:10 am

Normally when you look on preferences, it should say "Always Notify Me of Replies". Depending on your settings, it should be underneath "Hide your online status" and "Notify me by email when I receive a new private message"

I remember on another Forumotion site I am registered at, I had that issue with not reveiving an email upon replies. But that was because the thread was inactive for a good 3 or 4 months.... that maybe part of it.
Joshriddle1234
Joshriddle1234
Forumember

Male Posts : 30
Language : English, but can translate other languages in Google translate. :)

http://simcityville.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 28th 2010, 2:50 am

Hi,

It's not possible to automatically get a Email of what people have said in posts.
The only 2 scenario's im aware of that will assist you is:
post in every thread, and tick the box that says "Always notify me of replies" in your profile.

I don't believe there is any other way Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down