The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

I have a phantom portal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have a phantom portal

Post by MandyPandyPooh on November 6th 2010, 3:20 pm

Shortly after I set up my forum two years ago, I added a portal. After some time and getting some feedback, I decided to delete the portal about a year ago. However, I still get people showing up as being on the portal page, and from there they are able to access areas that are locked off to the general public. I have checked my admin panel and it says there is no portal. I have made sure the widget for listing the last few posts is off (because by clicking on a topic there, people who were not registered were able to access private areas). How can I have people showing up on a portal that doesn't exist and how can I stop it?

(the reason for the private areas is because I have a writing forum and we like to protect people's work, plus by having work on an open forum, it can make that work ineligible for publication elsewhere)

Female Posts : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a phantom portal

Post by Sanket on November 8th 2010, 11:29 pm

Link to your forum?

I am sure if they set the permissions correct, then they can't view the hidden forums.

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum