The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Editing the Background image problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Editing the Background image problems

Post by Annieone23 on November 10th 2010, 12:40 am

Hi, when I edit my forums background image, either within the admin panel or within the actual CSS itself, it always reverts to this random image called Misconstrue_-_Image_1.jpeg

When I change the url within the admin panel to my photo it appears to work and the preview displays the image, yet when I enact the theme and load up my forum all the new changes have been made except for the background image, which is now the miscontrue jpeg.

This was annoying and unprecedented so I went into my forums CSS through the admin panel and attempted to change the background image url yet every time i try and submit it i receive an error. I figured I was doing something wrong so I went to my current theme and checked the CSS of that. I clicked submit for the CSS without making any changes at all, and it said there were errors and it did not work. This is for the theme I currently am using, and works perfectly on my forums. I made sure it wasnt by any fault of mine in my recent days of messing with the CSS by reverting to a backup of the theme from a month ago.

So basically I need some help editing the background image for my forums and i need some help compiling my CSS so it works properly.

Im more than willing to post screenshots or snippits of the CSS if anyone wants to see. Also I have dreamweaver (just recently acquired) but I wasnt able to find a way to compile the CSS myself and debug it through that. If anyone knows of anyways to check my CSS for errors to fix that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Editing the Background image problems

Post by Guest on November 10th 2010, 1:42 pm

Can you post your forum link and CSS here? (:

Back to top Go down

Re: Editing the Background image problems

Post by Honor on November 10th 2010, 4:20 pm

Also would need to know what forum version you're using.

Female Posts : 172
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum