The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic] Why advertisement ????

+123
imperialgunnery
Kiekeboe
brij
WHITESABBATH
Plancker
MissLikeICare
Fred1000
Codyy
Gandalfar
Proteas
katarina
magnuse74
Keltic
brenda
BC Staff
psaras
adoz80
see you
Nico©
mcoy
MrMario
adminplpl
Kalliopi
Raziel21
danubius
sgeorge
Bokssha
Nomee
Saxaca
majky
Maki1
tihon4o
kcbban
lindamarie
Queen Julien
lillulu
vonbon
Honor
paor
randi.philleo
Paranormal Dawn
Asteroid35
Goldman26
Doctor Inferno
Shadow
BellaMay
Holyangel
Emma8432
SophieDophs
Mio-chan
Franchise
Cody!
shintre
TheListener_
LBDR
^Glyndwr^
matt_m
mulder_fbi
RAFAJulie
Master Marc
Blaster1
Evanbuddy16
TimV
jjaxd
Prizm
Sanket
Guruland
Darkwing
Yonni
STEELHED
DigitalCyanide
Firdous E. Bareen
th4nhc0n9
TM
Angi
Agenda
Bundy
Linkzeldafan4
rebstew
Tracian
Azuolas
Astrid Landsaat
disdreamer
endless013
esoterica
efbe
jhuggett
Rich Stone
alicia
JP Cloud
kirk
dark_wizzie
fredhoggin
Shikadi
Valerio
Diana
Parrot
livescore
Glad E Olah
Einsteinean
JCC1004
thames 300e
oggbad
Raptor@TDC
Violetstar
Made
Homemadelife
DebconLady
Kabbalien
Darren1
Pontifex
nguyenart
ivan137
wow99
Nina
patiogardener
baldy
Ras
leamarieuk
wildsurfer
Laughing Assassin
ifekt
maiquang
127 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Important [Only Topic] Why advertisement ????

Post by maiquang November 10th 2010, 10:04 am

First topic message reminder :

I have a great time with the other members but Why advertisement column reappear.

Made an Only Topic

Typlo wrote:Dear user,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused, the ads are here to support our developers and the staff so we can offer you new features.

This is only a test for the moment. Wink

Latest Update:
Typlo wrote:We have taken into consideration your complaints, and due to popular demand we will add back the option "guests" in your admin panel.

So everything will be back to normal on your forums, but if you want to support us please keep the option as it is. Wink

We are sorry for the inconvenience, and will be studying new revenue ways for next year, the option Goldman26 mentioned on Page 10 seems a nice alternative.
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Male Posts : 199
Language : VN

Back to top Go down

Important Re: [Only Topic] Why advertisement ????

Post by Glad E Olah November 10th 2010, 11:59 pm

I clicked on the link for chat support and could not get it to work for me. Do I have to join at a certain link?
Glad E Olah
Glad E Olah
Forumember

Female Posts : 216
Language : English

http://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Landsaat November 11th 2010, 12:12 am

Raptor@TDC wrote:I just went to my page and a rapidly flashing a hot pink background came up. I was senior staff on a gaming site at one time that had to change their graphics due to people who played there being prone to seizures.

My biggest fear is someone will unknowingly open one of our pages and be thrown into a seizure due to the flashing ads. :-(

Well my forum is about (canine) epilepsy. I think I don't have to explain why I don't want those banners on my forum.
Astrid Landsaat

Language : Netherlands

http://epilepsiebijhonden.actieforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 November 11th 2010, 12:26 am

Too late for the screenshot but I had an ad for these people earlier tonight with, as stated before, a picture of the top half of a woman in a bra. http://www.bravissimo.com/default.aspx
wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuolas November 11th 2010, 12:33 am

woman in bra is offensive for you? you arabic or what? Rolling Eyes
Azuolas
Forumember

Language : lithuanian/english

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 November 11th 2010, 12:40 am

Azuolas wrote:woman in bra is offensive for you? you arabic or what? Rolling Eyes

You're not meant to make personal comments. Kids are using this forum. The bras are esp for size d-KK extra large. No don't think that's appropriate in any context.
wow99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuolas November 11th 2010, 12:44 am

please remove these ads ,they are slow as hell! Sad even my browser poping up errors that script on my website are very slow! shaking
Azuolas
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe November 11th 2010, 12:46 am

Azuolas wrote:woman in bra is offensive for you? you arabic or what? Rolling Eyes

It may not be to you or i Azuolas, but remember children and people who are mentally challenged use these forums. And iv'e been on about these flashing banners getting removed for a couple of days now and some one posted that their forum members have children with Epilepsy...doe's anyone know what these flashing ads can to to people who have Epilepsy??? I do!! and it could be very dangerous.

(Edited)I wonder who gets sued if (God forbid and i hope it doesn't happen), a flashing banner does set of some poor soul into having an Epileptic fit, causing damage to themselves or even death??? Google or Forumotion?
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : english

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Landsaat November 11th 2010, 12:54 am

efbe wrote:

It may not be to you or i Azuolas, but remember children and people who are mentally challenged use these forums. And iv'e been on about these flashing banners getting removed for a couple of days now and some one posted that their forum members have children with Epilepsy...doe's anyone know what these flashing ads can to to people who have Epilepsy??? I do!! and it could be very dangerous.

I agree with you. Kirk isn't serious at all about these problems, so I am thinking to move my forum to: http://www.simplemachines.org/
Astrid Landsaat

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 November 11th 2010, 12:57 am

Astrid Landsaat wrote:
efbe wrote:

I agree with you. Kirk isn't serious at all about these problems, so I am thinking to move my forum to: http://www.simplemachines.org/

I think you were meant to say Forumotion isn't serious about this all, not to make it personal ;-)
Thanks for sharing where you're going cause that's why I wanted to set up a fb group to find out what other options there are.
wow99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 11th 2010, 1:01 am

wow99 wrote:Too late for the screenshot but I had an ad for these people earlier tonight with, as stated before, a picture of the top half of a woman in a bra. http://www.bravissimo.com/default.aspx

ok i will be sure to keep an eye out for it.
If anyone else happens to see the same ad please get a screnn and post the link.
to make sure it's the same ad
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe November 11th 2010, 1:03 am

wow99 wrote:
Astrid Landsaat wrote:
efbe wrote:

I agree with you. Kirk isn't serious at all about these problems, so I am thinking to move my forum to: http://

I think you were meant to say Forumotion isn't serious about this all, not to make it personal ;-)
Thanks for sharing where you're going cause that's why I wanted to set up a fb group to find out what other options there are.

Why not post your grievances on Forumotion's Facebook site and let them know your not happy. You can also discuss other options there too. That might wake them up. Smile
https://www.facebook.com/forumotionpage

Last edited by kirk on November 12th 2010, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link removed)
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracian November 11th 2010, 1:04 am

I hope it's a glitch (don't waste your breath saying I didn't read it all, I just want to keep my good faith, ok). Concerning my forum, these ads interfere with my forum search engine, I don't know if this problem appears only with me, so please check out how your forums search engines work, but whenever I try to type anything in the search field, the banner wouldn't let me and redirects me to wherever it leads.
Tracian
Tracian
Forumember

Male Posts : 70
Language : Bulgarian, English, Latin

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 November 11th 2010, 1:05 am

efbe wrote:
Why not post your grievances on Forumotion's Facebook site and let them know your not happy. You can also discuss other options there too. That might wake them up. Smile
https://www.facebook.com/forumotionpage

I looked for it earlier today and wanted to read up on what people had been saying there but I couldn't find it, typed in forumotion but it didn't come up. Thanks!
wow99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Landsaat November 11th 2010, 1:09 am

wow99 wrote:
Astrid Landsaat wrote:
efbe wrote:

I meant Forumotion but captain Kirk was the only admin who did reply.
Astrid Landsaat

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 November 11th 2010, 1:12 am

Astrid Landsaat wrote:
I meant Forumotion but captain Kirk was the only admin who did reply.

Be careful. Wees voorzichtig.
wow99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Made November 11th 2010, 1:37 am

It's not that easy to just move your forum as FM doesn't give or sell our databases to us. How do I move 4,000 member and almost a million posts without a database? Do I have to lose everything?

Anyway, let's give the tech people some time to figure this out when they get back to work tomorrow. There's no use to freak out or speculate at this point, IMO.

Made
Made
Forumember

Female Posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by fredhoggin November 11th 2010, 1:48 am

wow99 wrote:

You're not meant to make personal comments. Kids are using this forum. The bras are esp for size d-KK extra large. No don't think that's appropriate in any context.
Please lets try and keep this on track Ads on your forum may not be appropriate for all sorts of reasons on my forum they are inappropriate because my members suffer with Psoriasis and some of the ads are for so called miracle cures that do not work.

I am trying to run a support forum and I know some have said pay for ad removal but why should I ? I came to Forumotion for the fact of being able to remove ads for members for free.

We are all in the same position we started our forums in good faith and understood what we signed up for, but now we feel let down by the people who gave us the chance to have a free hosted forum. I still have faith in Forumotion for the moment and I hope they will see that this is not a good move.

I listen to my members and I hope Forumotion listen to theirs. Very good
fredhoggin

Male Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by rebstew November 11th 2010, 1:52 am

I went through this with ads popping up not too long ago. I was against it then and I am against it now. I don't have a huge forum but with almost 700 members seeing this blazing ad on our black calm background is not right. Paying to have them removed??? Why is it call free if we have to pay. I'm willing to give it some time to get resolved but if this stays on the forum we will be moving. We monitor and brag about a SPAM FREE site to our members and now this is the first thing you see. I truly hope whoever is in charge understands. We have been blessed and had Forumotion brag about how many hits we get a year. Having ads for guest should be enough.
rebstew
rebstew

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkzeldafan4 November 11th 2010, 2:16 am

Absolutely dissapointed. I've already told the members that I'm gonna start raising money for us to leave this place and go to vBulletin or something if this continues.

It was bad enough from not being to do certain things without money, but now we MUST have:

• Scams
  • Celebrity gossip
  • Shopping for adult toys
  • Flashing ads that make the website lag immensely

It's not right forumotion. If you can do anything, make it back to removing them by choice, or at least, take those four types off!

I read the first 2 pages. Yeah. You should have said something. Or opposed this completely. At least adding yourselves to the affiliates whenever you want is able to be stopped.
Linkzeldafan4
Linkzeldafan4

Female Posts : 10
Language : American English

http://hyrulefield.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy November 11th 2010, 2:23 am

My first post and probably my last....
I have only had a forum for about 6 months now with Forumotion, i knew there were going to be Google text ads, as i am a member of a sports forum hosted by Forumotion. That didn't bother me as once my forum became more established i was prepared to pay to have the ads removed. Now i have changed my mind and i will move to another host that's much more professional than what this host is here. The Ads that now appear are not a glitch, our Administration panels/ forum configuration has been altered, i repeat, this is not a glitch. What i have witnessed over the last couple of days with Forumotion is the unprofessional manner in which they go about trying to make everyone pay for ad removal with out any consultation with everyone here. This is kindergarten stuff and Forumotion should be ashamed of the way they have treated their long time members and supporters. Fine, try ways of gaining extra revenue, but to sneak in behind everyone's back door and practically give us all no alternatives but to pay up or put up with it seems barbaric to me.
As for those who posted about Epilepsy... yes it's real, unfortunately many suffer from it and these flashing banners are a concern to me with those that suffer with Epilepsy.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkzeldafan4 November 11th 2010, 3:02 am

efbe wrote:I wonder who gets sued if (God forbid and i hope it doesn't happen), a flashing banner does set of some poor soul into having an Epileptic fit, causing damage to themselves or even death??? Google or Forumotion?

Wait.

Google screwed up this place too?!

YOU'D THINK THAT THEY DID ENOUGH DAMAGE ON YOUTUBE!! Evil or Very Mad
Linkzeldafan4
Linkzeldafan4

Female Posts : 10
Language : American English

http://hyrulefield.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Agenda November 11th 2010, 3:11 am

Hmmm....

I'll be temporarily suspending my comment on this whole ordeal. But rest assured if everything is not back to normal within 48 hours I will have absolutely no problem voicing my succulent and sexy opinion. Yes... it will be hot. Not hot like your ex-girlfriend hot; I mean hot like the ex-girlfriend-you-wish-you-had-that-you-wish-you-never-broke-up-with-if she-actually-existed hot... yeah you know the one, guys. Twisted Evil
Agenda
Agenda
Forumember

Male Posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Angi November 11th 2010, 3:36 am

leamarieuk wrote:yep advertising on my site as well...even though its set fot guests only Sad

It makes the site look awful as is right under my banner Sad

Same here, it just popped up yesterday and its right under our banner too. Unfortunately it makes the site look cheap.
Angi

Female Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuolas November 11th 2010, 3:49 am

I hate that. Evil or Very Mad Main reason why i chose forumotion was ability to disable ads for members.
This is BS good luck on losing lots of members.. Umm at least can u let us use text ads, not that stupid-laggy-ugly-annoying flash ads?.. Sad

Last edited by Azuolas on November 11th 2010, 3:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Azuolas
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Einsteinean November 11th 2010, 3:53 am

Let's just hope this gets resolved quickly. I am prepared, however, to take whatever steps are necessary to make my members happy. Plain and simple.

I haven't lost members yet, but that's only because I got an announcement up and a PM out early this morning.
Einsteinean
Einsteinean
Forumember

Male Posts : 60
Language : English, limited Latin

http://fujiplanet.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TM November 11th 2010, 4:04 am

I have had nothing but complaints from my members since these ads started. Along with several wondering why I had to sell ads. We all work hard on our forums and we don't do it so we can be subjected to flashing B.S. ads. Then you come here to find out what is going on only to read some have had the problem taken care of, English forums still have the issue, we are working on it, it's only temporary. Good grief how is a person supposed to give an answer to all those members who make our sites members ?

If the ads persist I WILL find another host.
TM
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by th4nhc0n9 November 11th 2010, 4:08 am

If we can remove ads by credits, I hope the FM can reduce the price lower than the current. Thanks!
th4nhc0n9
th4nhc0n9
Forumember

Male Posts : 161
Language : Vietnam

http://vnbeauties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Firdous E. Bareen November 11th 2010, 4:59 am

Einsteinean wrote:Let's just hope this gets resolved quickly. I am prepared, however, to take whatever steps are necessary to make my members happy. Plain and simple.

I haven't lost members yet, but that's only because I got an announcement up and a PM out early this morning.

Same. I've been keeping my members informed, but it's only a matter of time until apologising stops working.

Is there any update on the progress of a resolution?
Firdous E. Bareen
Firdous E. Bareen

Male Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by DigitalCyanide November 11th 2010, 5:29 am

This is what I posted:
Yeah, I read every post! This didn't answer anything. It was just many others reporting the same issue.
I know this place has to make money, the ads are a part of that. I'm not a kid and I'm not stupid ( most of the time ). But the agreement was changed. Prior notice would have been nice. If it's really just a "glitch" then I hope it's fixed soon. As I said, I had plans to create a full blown web site around my forum when I felt the time was right. I have trusted Forumotion for a few years now, and this has set me back. What happens when I buy the domain and then next week you decide to raise the price to $2,000?
This honestly saddens me.
I had some big plans, now, I have to start over. I offer actual free products for Daz Studio and Poser. Members will be let down, and as a vendor I have lost the trust of my members. I'm new vending and growing fast. Future was to buy a domain here, build a website around the forum, sell my products and try to substitute the fact that I have become disabled ( not loss of limb or anything, I just developed extreme anxiety, and NO! I'm not asking for pity or expecting it ).
I chose this place for a reason. The functionality. Now, I think I made a wrong long term decision!
DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by JCC1004 November 11th 2010, 5:43 am

Raptor@TDC wrote:I just went to my page and a rapidly flashing a hot pink background came up. I was senior staff on a gaming site at one time that had to change their graphics due to people who played there being prone to seizures.

My biggest fear is someone will unknowingly open one of our pages and be thrown into a seizure due to the flashing ads. :-(
I have the same issue. I have a member who has serious health issues and he could also go into a seizure. I'm not going to have this happen. I may even make him a Mod temporarily until hopefully the ads are removed. This is a big problem for me.

disdreamer wrote:Both my forums are geared towards kids and there is now what I feel inappropricate ads being shown to my members. I try to keep a very safe forum for all and really want to keep it that way. Can't we go back to choosing who see the ads and who don't. We no longer can just set it to guests, it's now members and guests.
I have the exact same issue. There are also scams that people are going to get sucked into. I can't have my 10 year olds seeing bra ads and dating website ads! This is not helping with a "safe community" that all websites want. The parents are going to mistake the ads as my content and therefore I loose my members.
The ads also make my forum look awful.

Dear Forum Motion, please take these complaints seriously. There are very harmful effects to this change that have and will continue to occur. Please give us the option back. There was not an issue before but apparently, excuse me for this, greed took over. It comes down to this, what do you want? More money or less members with ill feelings toward you.

Thanks and best regards,
JCC
JCC1004
JCC1004

Male Posts : 6

http://thebrickhope.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next