The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

[Only Topic] Why advertisement ????

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important [Only Topic] Why advertisement ????

Post by maiquang on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:04 am

First topic message reminder :

I have a great time with the other members but Why advertisement column reappear.

Made an Only Topic

@Typlo wrote:Dear user,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused, the ads are here to support our developers and the staff so we can offer you new features.

This is only a test for the moment. Wink

Latest Update:
@Typlo wrote:We have taken into consideration your complaints, and due to popular demand we will add back the option "guests" in your admin panel.

So everything will be back to normal on your forums, but if you want to support us please keep the option as it is. Wink

We are sorry for the inconvenience, and will be studying new revenue ways for next year, the option Goldman26 mentioned on Page 10 seems a nice alternative.

maiquang
Forumember

Male Posts : 199
Language : VN

Back to top Go down

Important Re: [Only Topic] Why advertisement ????

Post by Pontifex on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:15 am

Is it possible that my forum doesn't recognize me as the founder because I once changed my username (also password and email address)??

I don't know how this could be possible, because with my renewed username I can acces all "founder" areas (like "Utilities", "Delete forum" etc.) So how comes that only in determining ads, the forum doesn't recognize me as the founder?

Pontifex
Forumember

Female Posts : 63
Language : Slovene, English, German

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel21 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 am

@Pontifex wrote:Is it possible that my forum doesn't recognize me as the founder because I once changed my username (also password and email address)??

I don't know how this could be possible, because with my renewed username I can acces all "founder" areas (like "Utilities", "Delete forum" etc.) So how comes that only in determining ads, the forum doesn't recognize me as the founder?

That might seem to be my "problem", without the e-mail thing. I doubt that changing the name on the forum board has to do anything with admin index and options that're there. However, I might be wrong but I hope I'm not since I've forgotten the name i used the first time. However, I modified[created] forum, from the very scratch. There was always an option for Guests to see the ads, yet now it's gone and I sure don't know why. It was here even with the name that I'm using right now and that I used for the past year or so.

To all those who're not my members of the forum there're tons and tons of ads, but seeing ones, especially not situated to the elegance of the forum makes me ill a bit... :[ And seeing now that some people managed to fix it makes me to wonder what I'm doing wrong.

It's not a big fuss for me, I really don't care for ads, but I'd like to know exactly why the option was removed so that I know what to say to my forum members

Raziel21
Forumember

Male Posts : 86
Language : Serbian, English, Russian, Italiano, Espanol

http://mizuchi.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Einsteinean on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:09 pm

Well, luckily I got the opposite reaction. Our members enjoy making fun of them, so they don't mind them. I'd still like them gone, though...

Einsteinean
Forumember

Male Posts : 60
Language : English, limited Latin

http://fujiplanet.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Landsaat on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Still nothing changed on my forum. I am usually very patient but to be honest, this is very frustrating! Rolling Eyes

Astrid Landsaat

Language : Netherlands

http://epilepsiebijhonden.actieforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by BC Staff on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:13 pm

@Astrid Landsaat wrote:Still nothing changed on my forum. I am usually very patient but to be honest, this is very frustrating! Rolling Eyes
Well if you are interested in a new host, and willing to pay money, you could try Hawk Host

BC Staff
Forumember

Male Posts : 84
Language : English

http://bearvillecove.findtalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Einsteinean on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm negotiating a backup merge with another forum hosted by vBulletin. If I have to resort to it I will, but I really don't want to abandon our forum on here.

Einsteinean
Forumember

Male Posts : 60
Language : English, limited Latin

http://fujiplanet.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Landsaat on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:37 pm

@BC Staff wrote:
@Astrid Landsaat wrote:Still nothing changed on my forum. I am usually very patient but to be honest, this is very frustrating! Rolling Eyes
Well if you are interested in a new host, and willing to pay money, you could try Hawk Host

I already made up my mind and would go for a new host if this isn't changing very soon. At yourhosting.nl I can have a website and a forum for 30 euro's per year.

Regards,
Astrid.

Astrid Landsaat

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:30 pm

30 euros per year seems rather expensive when you have to go to all the trouble of setting up a new forum elsewhere. You would get a totally ad-free forum here plus other bits & pieces for that. Forumotion, normally, has a very user friendly system for us to make our forums. It would be fairly foolish to run elsewhere in a fit of pique & lose all the work you have already put in to your forum. Remember, other host sites have their difficulties too. Also, your new site will have to start attracting the search engines all over again.

patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Landsaat on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:53 pm

The money isn't a problem, they are actually cheap. Click on this link to see their prices: http://www.yourhosting.nl/hosting/ I am actually thinking to move my other websites over there. About my forum, I am sometimes a bit lazy and I really hope that the problems will be solved quickly. If not I am going to start all over again!

By the way, if you are starting a new forum or website, Google will find it within 24 hours.

Regards,

Astrid.

Astrid Landsaat

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:38 pm

But it will be on page 3,487,189. bwi

Having investigated other forum host sites prior to settling on Forumotion, the issue of ads or no ads wasn't a priority. It was the ease with which a complete novice could set up a fully functioning forum. This was something Forumotion made so user friendly & simple to achieve. For this I am truly grateful. Many of the others have their critics too. vBulletin & SMF are ones I have seen mentioned negatively on a few occasions.

This post is off topic, I know, but I felt it should be said in answer to the spam, for other host site, being posted in this thread. If someone wants to change hosts let them use their search engine. No need to promote the so called benefits of other sites.

patiogardener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Landsaat on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:54 pm

joybells wrote:But it will be on page 3,487,189. bwi

That is not true. If you buy a domain name and start a website, Google will find your site within a week. Within two weeks your site will appear in the top ten. I know this because I checked it out what happened on my websites!

Astrid Landsaat

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Yea it's customizable, but the support section is not user friendly and I can't seem to get anyone's attention with a known PHPBB3 bug. I'm sorry - I'll move to another site without a buggy version that I can't fix myself because the template's locked down before I wait on Forumotion to get their act together. If they showed interest in knowing that their product had an issue then yea, I'd stay around and wait. But I've pmed one staff member, posted here, and opened a new topic, and can't get a single response even after the person I pmed has signed in multiple times since.

Honor
Forumember

Female Posts : 172

http://blueplanet.road2us.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tihon4o on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:32 am

Three days and STILL no option! Confused

tihon4o

Male Posts : 10
Language : Bulgarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico© on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:42 am

Same here on Dutch forums Confused

Nico©

Language : Dutch

http://psp-hobbyclub.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:43 am

@Honor wrote:Yea it's customizable, but the support section is not user friendly and I can't seem to get anyone's attention with a known PHPBB3 bug. I'm sorry - I'll move to another site without a buggy version that I can't fix myself because the template's locked down before I wait on Forumotion to get their act together. If they showed interest in knowing that their product had an issue then yea, I'd stay around and wait. But I've pmed one staff member, posted here, and opened a new topic, and can't get a single response even after the person I pmed has signed in multiple times since.

You have to be more patient, you only posted your phpbb3 question on friday. They might not work at the weekend. A friend did not hear for quite a few days 4 or 5 until someone came to help. Anyway off-topic for here.

wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:45 am

@Nico© wrote:Same here on Dutch forums Confused

Why it takes so long to give all forums the new (old) option is a bit strange and yet again no announcement. They could have said look this is a slow process and is going to take a few days.

wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

Post by sgeorge on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:02 am

Nothing and In Greek forums...

sgeorge
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Language : Greek - English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:17 am

@sgeorge wrote:Nothing and In Greek forums...

And nothing in Romanian forums ... I don't understand anything of what is happening here ... Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:50 pm

@wow99 wrote:You have to be more patient, you only posted your phpbb3 question on friday. They might not work at the weekend. A friend did not hear for quite a few days 4 or 5 until someone came to help. Anyway off-topic for here.

1) Any moderator should know who I can talk to (and that's the only thing the post asked).

2) Note that I said "signed on multiple times since".

3) Yea I know. My point's been made. So I'm done.

Honor
Forumember

Female Posts : 172

http://blueplanet.road2us.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brenda on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:41 pm

I have the same problem, the advert banner. This is so large and ugly.
Will this always be on our forums for the future. Just the look of this would put new members off entering you site.

brenda
Forumember

Female Posts : 55
Language : english

http://cumbernaulddogwalks.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Check in your Admin Panel & see if the Guest option has returned for you. If not it may be in place after the weekend.

We were able to remove the ads for our members on Friday. It is taking Forumotion techs (who usually don't work weekends) a bit of time to be able to change this for all the different countries.

patiogardener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Keltic on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:20 am

The price to remove adds is extremely cheap, it was only the lack of warning that is my issue but as Forumotion are returning to default i'm happy to wait, Goldman has come up with a very good idea and in fairness to Forumotion they have to remain a viable business and if some peeps are not happy fair enough, Everyone needs to remember that we get a free extremely user friendly service that incurrs costs for Forumotion to run.

Keltic
Forumember

Male Posts : 58

http://generation8gaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:43 am

Very well said, Keltic. I could not agree with you more. Very good

patiogardener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:24 am

Dear users,

I'm sorry to inform you that the option won't be available for your particular countries. We made an effort for the English community, but it has been decided during the weekend that unfortunately it won't be spread to all other communities.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

No help without your forum url
No support via private message

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by magnuse74 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:53 am

Thats It. I will move my forums to another location! The ability to get rid of the ads for members was one of the reasons that made me choose freeforums in the first place!

magnuse74

Language : swedish

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontifex on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:18 am

Oh my god, Typlo! Shocked I read your post at least ten times, because I could not believe my eyes and what was it's written there!

So the ads will stay?! That's so fu*** up!
You have no clue what you do to our forums with that! I would prefer to have less updates and less features, just in return that these ads would not appear.

That's such a disappointment! I really can't believe you staff came up with this! Any other option or solution would be better than those ads.

I'm deeply sorry to say that I don't care about my forum anymore... after 3 years of participation on FM I'm so sad and so disappointed!!!

Pontifex
Forumember

Female Posts : 63
Language : Slovene, English, German

Back to top Go down

Post by see you on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:26 am

Why only the English community en not the other countrie?? Dat feels not fair!!!! Evil or Very Mad
I'm shocked!!

see you

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by ivan137 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:40 am

Damn! I feel so manipulated. Why we don't have right on our database?

...I know why. Because we would abandon forumotion.
And you are earning money on our hard work... via ads or with paying for removing them!

Word for this scandal is greediness.

You can give me reputation -1000000000, that means nothing.

ivan137

Language : English, Croatian

Back to top Go down

Post by katarina on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:49 am

I'm in SHOCK!!! This is the most hypocritical things I've ever seen on Forumotion!
You have no clue how disrespectful this is to all members who have spent years creating forums on your hosting site.

My forum is screwd up since friday, but I didn't mind until now, because I was 100% sure that you would never let us down like that! But I was wrong... and now I don't see any rational reason why shound I stay on FM anymore.

I will lock my forum and find myself a new hoster. But that's ok, I'll get over it... but YOU (forumotion) dig yourself a deep hole with this and you'll be long time marked by this creapy ads that will kill your reputation on the wide internet.

I'm done here. Bye!

katarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Proteas on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:18 am

I had plans to buy from you domain and remove the ads
to put my own but after this..... !!!

Your hypocrisy and your amateurism don't have bounds.

Hello and Goodbye !!!

Proteas

Male Posts : 8
Language : Greek

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum