The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how can I get images to the category bar?

2 posters

Go down

how can I get images to the category bar? Empty how can I get images to the category bar?

Post by Diana November 12th 2010, 12:59 am

I've seen it on forums and asked about it before and I believe the answer to my question was that I have to be able to modify the templates.
Well, I have phpbb2 version now so here goes my thing: how can I get images to the category bar? Like you know the bar that has the category title in it, I want to place an image in there. Not like a background image, I know how to do that. On some forum it's been like there's like an image there that doesn't fit in the bar, it kind of sits on top of it. How can I do that?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down

how can I get images to the category bar? Empty Re: how can I get images to the category bar?

Post by Diana November 14th 2010, 9:10 pm

rhe wrote:I've seen it on forums and asked about it before and I believe the answer to my question was that I have to be able to modify the templates.
Well, I have phpbb2 version now so here goes my thing: how can I get images to the category bar? Like you know the bar that has the category title in it, I want to place an image in there. Not like a background image, I know how to do that. On some forum it's been like there's like an image there that doesn't fit in the bar, it kind of sits on top of it. How can I do that?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

how can I get images to the category bar? Empty Re: how can I get images to the category bar?

Post by Diana November 15th 2010, 10:29 pm

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:I've seen it on forums and asked about it before and I believe the answer to my question was that I have to be able to modify the templates.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by McStormify November 15th 2010, 11:03 pm

Go to your CSS and find:

Code:
td.cathead{

if there is a

Code:
background: url(http://i25.tinypic.com/m9of1t.gif)

Replace the image URL with your own, and if there is a

Code:
background-color:

Replace it with

Code:
background: url(YOUR IMAGE URL HERE)
McStormify
McStormify
Forumember

Male Posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana November 16th 2010, 9:59 am

Thanks, will try it out later. Smile
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down