The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

can i change these buttons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

can i change these buttons

Post by royal court on November 12th 2010, 4:23 pm

royal court

Language : english

http://sk-royal-court.fforum.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: can i change these buttons

Post by kirk on November 12th 2010, 8:30 pm

MMMM?
it might be posibil, you can edit your template in that section,But will have to see if it will be posibil to replace the images.

Because i was going to suggest just creating your own custom code with the image you want and the link for the feature etc... but they are drip won menus and do not have a link.

So i will have to go in there and see if i can figure out where to place a image, the will replace them but will also allow the options to still work..

So i will have to get back to you on it after i test some things.

I have added my own things in that section.. but i have never tried to replace any of those images.

So i'll let you know as soon as a try it.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontifex on November 12th 2010, 8:55 pm

wow that's very interesting. I never thought about the possibility to change these buttons.
I'll look forward in this thread to see if this is really possible. Smile

Pontifex
Forumember

Female Posts : 63
Language : Slovene, English, German

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on November 12th 2010, 9:04 pm

@Pontifex wrote:wow that's very interesting. I never thought about the possibility to change these buttons.
I'll look forward in this thread to see if this is really possible. Smile

well like i said i am ot sure if we can change the imjages or not? you can add or remove things there,but i have to look to see if i can figure out where the images would be then try to replace them.. along with makeing sure the options still works.

So i will lets yous know sometime tonight.. i am still in school right now and do not have enough time to check it out here.plus to remeber what template it's in too LOL Razz ..
but I'll find it and let yous know. unless someone else dose it first befor i get home,
then cool Cool Razz Razz Razz

Remeber template edit can only be done on phpbb2 and punbb versions.

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 12th 2010, 9:50 pm

That looks like the Quick Reply block, and there's no template for it. You can change the button images on the main compose page (what you see when you click Reply, New Topic, or Preview) if you have phpBB2 or PunBB -- those images are in the posting_body template.

Or you can think outside the box and use advanced javascript. Doing that will let you change the button images on any forumotion board type -- even those in the Quick Reply block...

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 on November 12th 2010, 9:54 pm

You can change those by using CSS: code Wink

Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English CSS Stylesheet
Location : The Support forum Section! No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

http://forumdesigners.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 12th 2010, 10:06 pm

I Have changed the icons in the post message body.. but not in the quick reply there is no template for it as Dion said (:

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on November 13th 2010, 6:18 am

@Gangstar15 wrote:I Have changed the icons in the post message body.. but not in the quick reply there is no template for it as Dion said (:

the quick reply will be in the post body template. i have added stuff there befor to.
But i think if i remember correctly i was only able to get what i added right over top or below those images.

So befor i go in and check it out again to be sure.. where do you want this . for the quick reply or on the subject board when you start new topic?

Because sometimes these can take a lil wile, not that it is hard to do you just have to do it a few times to be sure you have what ever it is your adding in the right spot.
And also like i said i will still have to see of these images can be changed. as i said above i have added and removed things from there but never tried to change the images.

so let me know where and i will get right on it.. i thought he meant in the subject box when stating a new topic.

I mean if there is way. then you can do it in both places.. but might take me a lil longer to do both at once.. like i said it's not necessarily that it would be hard to do. it can just sometimes be a Lil time consuming until you get the positioning correct.

But now if this can be done with css then that will make things a lot easier.. just need to have the correcting codeing? dose anyone know that. because i am not the best when it comes to css... lol Razz

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum