The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed !!

3 posters

Go down

Help needed !! Empty Help needed !!

Post by jason cosworth November 12th 2010, 9:39 pm

Hello, i wish to get in touch with someone about my forum and what i can and cant do regarding payed adversing on the site....where do i go or who do i contact???

Please help please Smile

thanks

Jason
jason cosworth

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Help needed !! Empty Re: Help needed !!

Post by jason cosworth November 13th 2010, 1:51 am

Anyone???? im desperate for help as i don't want to go ahead with something im "not aloud to do"

Thanks

Jason
jason cosworth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 13th 2010, 3:23 am

I'm sorry but I cannot understand your problem, can you please explain more clearly?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 13th 2010, 5:41 am

jason cosworth.
(Help me) is not an explicit title regarding to your problem.
Meaning you have to start your topics with a detailed title pertaining to your inquiry.
For this you could have said something like. (Need help on how to go about removing adds). next time please be sure to have an explicit title explaining your problem as much as posibil.
Thank you

Well if you want to completely remove all your ad's from the forum then you can buy credits to have them removed.
Or you can select the option only for guest to view them.This means when you have it set only for guest,once your members are logged in they will no longer see the ads.

to buy credits to have them completely removed go to.

Admin panel>Misc>Buy / Obtain credits.
then Spend credits, for ad removal

Or if you want to have them set for only guest?

Admin panel>general>configuration>scroll down to activate ad's.select guest then hit save.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Help needed !! Empty Reply

Post by jason cosworth November 13th 2010, 1:33 pm

zoids25 wrote:I'm sorry but I cannot understand your problem, can you please explain more clearly?

Sorry, okay basically ive had an offer from somebody to have a link to there site from my own forum index page, they are offering money to do this but i dont know if this is allowed or not through forumotion??

Thanks

Jason
jason cosworth

Back to top Go down

Post by jason cosworth November 13th 2010, 2:30 pm

kirk wrote:jason cosworth.
(Help me) is not an explicit title regarding to your problem.
Meaning you have to start your topics with a detailed title pertaining to your inquiry.
For this you could have said something like. (Need help on how to go about removing adds). next time please be sure to have an explicit title explaining your problem as much as posibil.
Thank you

Well if you want to completely remove all your ad's from the forum then you can buy credits to have them removed.
Or you can select the option only for guest to view them.This means when you have it set only for guest,once your members are logged in they will no longer see the ads.

to buy credits to have them completely removed go to.

Admin panel>Misc>Buy / Obtain credits.
then Spend credits, for ad removal

Or if you want to have them set for only guest?

Admin panel>general>configuration>scroll down to activate ad's.select guest then hit save.

Okay sorry but to be honest i wasnt sure what title to put because i couldnt sum up my problem properly, im slightly dyslexic so please bare with me Wink
I wanted help because i have struggled finding any information on my particular subject on forumotion and they dont seem to have a help line? so HELP PLEASE seemed as good a title as any at the time Embarassed

My problem is not getting rid of ads as you say (ive done this already), the issue is as above.......(money offer made to me for a link of my forum index page to another reputable site Smile ). I simply dont know where i stand in this matter and i would simply like to know what i can and cant do regarding this issue.

Any help would be great thankyou

Jason
jason cosworth

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum