The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Want to request a back-up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Want to request a back-up

Post by Nedvedd on November 14th 2010, 6:16 pm

I want to request a back up for a forum where I am admin, I don't say it is my forum, because I am not the owner. As you can see in my other posts the the forum's owner is missing.

We are two active admins and the other one made a mistake deleting some topics, editing some thing + making some new topics in which after that was posted by members. Only a back-up can solve it. The other admin is for back-up too, if it is necessary I can tell him to register here and to post in that topic.

What I request is a back-up from Forumotion, I will provide the link via PM to the admin/mod/other staff member who tells me to give it. I can post the link here as well.
Please (forumotion), do this back-up it is (24 hours back-up, now is 19:15, GMT +2 - Bulgaria, Europe) because this is the only bulgarian active forum about such stuff and we don't want to, meh how to say it, leave it ugly...

Last edited by Nedvedd on November 14th 2010, 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry for using bold, I just forgot I am not a staff member in that forum xD)

Nedvedd

Male Posts : 23
Language : Bulgarian

Back to top Go down

Re: Want to request a back-up

Post by MrMario on November 14th 2010, 6:18 pm

Bold and Colored text are reserved for moderation, by staff members only.

Sorry your request is denied. Reason being no one can have their backup/database. Forumotion owns it. More about it here http://help.forumotion.com/juridical-tutorials-f40/forumotion-s-forum-databases-t6668.htm

If you want a back up date another date the founder must log in the founder tools.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedvedd on November 14th 2010, 6:31 pm

With two words, forumotion has no rights to do it?

Our owner is missing!

This means we (the forum) are screwed Sad

Can you suggest an other option which can help us and doesn't requires too much time.

Btw the owner entered around august to tell us he is in the university in other than his home town and his last thing is to enter the forum.

Nedvedd

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on November 14th 2010, 6:53 pm

@Nedvedd wrote:With two words, forumotion has no rights to do it?

Our owner is missing!

This means we (the forum) are screwed Sad

Can you suggest an other option which can help us and doesn't requires too much time.

Btw the owner entered around august to tell us he is in the university in other than his home town and his last thing is to enter the forum.

the owner has to be inactive for 6 months, then you can conatct typlo,let him know the owner is gone and has not been there for 6 months he can make you the new founder.

However until the founder has been inactive for 6 months then there is nothing you can really do at this time,

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedvedd on November 14th 2010, 7:01 pm

I know about that owner transfer stuff, 6 months, I am almost sure they will come, but here the thing is not that I want to be the owner, but also without that owner rights to use the back-up mod, the whole forum is just screwed.

I know your rules are old, good and very well tested, but there should be a small door for such cases :/ The forum needs that small back-up. Maybe making me an owner for 24 hours and after that the old owner to be owner again? Just for the back-up.

I can tell the other admin to write here too if this can help.

Nedvedd

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on November 14th 2010, 7:13 pm

the only thing i can sagest is to pm typlo and explain the situation to him.
Depending exactly what you need done/backed up or restored, he may make an exception..Now i am not saying he will,but you can try, because the policy is what i said above, the founder has to be gone for 6 months.

So you can try to pm him and put in a sincere request, other then that i really have nothing to suggest except perhaps creating a new place and have your members go there saying this is the forums new home.

You want be able to transfer any data there but you can always tell your members they can copy there post and move them over to the new place if they like.

I wish i could help you more on this but unfortunately thats all i can suggest at this time.

You can try top pm luky as well, if you do send them a message make sure you explain the whole situation and what you need in as much detail as posibil..also try to be patient for them to get back to you,

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedvedd on November 14th 2010, 7:16 pm

Thanks for the help, I will calm down, really was a bit nervous. Will PM both Luky and Typlo explaining them the whole situation.

The forum is kinda old - more than 3 years old and it is quite big (for such a forum) and we won't change it.

Please, keep the forum unlocked for now ^^

Nedvedd

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on November 14th 2010, 7:19 pm

@Nedvedd wrote:.

Please, keep the forum unlocked for now ^^

No problem.

if the forum is that large and has been there that long.
be sure to expain that as well and you just need to fix things that are messed up.

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedvedd on November 14th 2010, 7:47 pm

meant the topic unlocked, not the forum, lol I failed xD

Nedvedd

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedvedd on November 18th 2010, 11:41 am

meh, I PMed both Luky and Typlo, they saw the PMs, but there was no answer, neither a back-up in hte forum.

But since then, a new problem popped-up:

Me and the other admin, hmm how to say it, we are admins, but we have no admin rights:

I mean, we cannot edit profiles of people, we don't have the Administration Panel link in the bottom of the page, and the most weird thing is that we don't have the Member Group link (where we see what are the forum's groups) in the menu at the top of the page. The other emmbers of the forum have it.

Also we have moderators option (move, lock...) in some categories. I haven't used them since that problem.

Also we are colored in green (the color of the admins in that forum and we have the underavatar rank of Admins).

Idk what is happening with this forum, maybe a staff member should check it.

Link - http://yugioh-tournamentsbg.1fr1.net/

Nedvedd

Back to top Go down

Post by Azami on November 18th 2010, 12:43 pm

@Nedvedd wrote:meh, I PMed both Luky and Typlo, they saw the PMs, but there was no answer, neither a back-up in hte forum.

But since then, a new problem popped-up:

Me and the other admin, hmm how to say it, we are admins, but we have no admin rights:

I mean, we cannot edit profiles of people, we don't have the Administration Panel link in the bottom of the page, and the most weird thing is that we don't have the Member Group link (where we see what are the forum's groups) in the menu at the top of the page. The other emmbers of the forum have it.

Also we have moderators option (move, lock...) in some categories. I haven't used them since that problem.

Also we are colored in green (the color of the admins in that forum and we have the underavatar rank of Admins).

Idk what is happening with this forum, maybe a staff member should check it.

Link - http://yugioh-tournamentsbg.1fr1.net/

This is because he has the regular administrators group as a "hidden" group and he made another fake group titled administrators that gave you guys color. So basically you aren't really admins he just gave you the title because maybe he didn't trust people or something but idk. All I know is that's what he did.

Azami

Male Posts : 21
Language : English

http://hissingworms.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedvedd on November 18th 2010, 1:44 pm

Who is "HE" ?!?

Nedvedd

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on November 18th 2010, 6:02 pm

there is nothing that can be done. only the forums founder owner can change your permissions and give you full administrator rights.

If yous are not admin with admin permissions then i dont think you can get the forum handed over to you even if he is gone for 6 months.

You are going to have to try to get in contact with the founder and ask him to change your permissions and make one of yous the new owner if he no longer wants the forum.

But other then this there is really nothing that can be done, the founder is the one that created the forum so it is his/her forum.

Unless you are a admin with admin permissions and he/she are gone for 6 months with no activity on the forum, then you can request to typlo to take the forum over.

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedvedd on November 18th 2010, 7:26 pm

Guys, I DO NOT want to be the forum owner, yes it would be good if me or the other admin has the forum's owner rights, because they can help the forum exit the some hard situations (aka use back-up option).

I just requested a back-up from Forumotion, a small 24 hour back-up, but since then we have no admin rights, we are green (admin color of the admins in that forum) + we have moderator right to lock topics and move topics, we have an administrator rank under the avatar but we don't see the admin panel link + Usergroups link (the forum is in bulgarian, which means it is not Usergroup, but the word in bulgarian).

We do have admin panel link and usergroup link in the upper menu before, but since I posted here, we don't.

Also, I don't want to do anything bad to the forum, I am an active member there for more than 3 years, admin for more than 1 year and before that was a moderator, the only thing I want is this forum to stay the best bulgarian yugioh forum as it is now.

I am ok if the staff gonna check my IP here and my IP there and to see they are the same, also I am OK to give them my password there to see I am the real Nedvedd, but please help us with action......

Nedvedd

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum