The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost 10,000 posts lost

3 posters

Go down

Solved Almost 10,000 posts lost

Post by TheListener_ Thu Nov 18 2010, 00:51

My forum used to had over 55,000 posts an hour ago, now the stats have decreased to 46,564. According to "Security" on the Admin Panel, none of my moderators/administrators has deleted any posts.

Most seem to be missing from my Trash section, where we kept some old topics. For some reason, when I went to the AP, the Pruning in the basket option was set on 'No' (even though nobody touched anything!!). Could that have deleted most of the old posts?

I need to get them back, yet I'm a little scared to run a database backup (it could go wrong and I'd lose even more posts!). Can somebody please get Typlo on this? I really need to make sure no posts are lost.

Thanks.

This has been solved Very Happy

Last edited by TheListener_ on Thu Nov 18 2010, 01:51; edited 1 time in total
TheListener_
Forumember

Language :

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Almost 10,000 posts lost

Post by TheListener_ Thu Nov 18 2010, 01:05

^ Sorry for double post, but I just did a backup and I only got 10 posts back, and some others got deleted.

I need Typlo to do a backup that gets all of my content back, I can't lose any topics!

Edit: Seems posts are back on my Trash section (it used to have 15 pages of topics, now it has 90. Awesome!). However, the post counter is still set on the same amount of posts. Why's that?

Also, some posts and topics made between yesterday-today got lost (around 70). Is it possible to get those back too? And finally, why do some posts got moved back to where they used to be?

Edit 2: Stats are back to normal, and we're back to the usual! Very Happy Thanks a lot for having thise backup system, Forumotion!! Very Happy

One last thing. Will it be possible to get posts made between yesterday and today back? They're almost 80 different ones, and most of them are from people asking for Facebook support. We need to give them a hand, so I'd appreciate if a backup could get those back too. Thanks Mr. Green

Last edited by TheListener_ on Thu Nov 18 2010, 01:30; edited 1 time in total
TheListener_
Forumember

Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent24 Thu Nov 18 2010, 01:24

Well you can try pming typlo
Agent24
Agent24
Forumember

Male Posts : 813
Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener_ Thu Nov 18 2010, 01:32

Already did that, and linked him to this topic.

If a mod could move this to 'Need of a technician' to get Typlo's attention, I'd be grateful.

Please read my last post on this topic. After the semi-succesful backup, I got almost all my posts back. I say 'almost' because posts made between yesterday and today (around 70/80 posts) got lost, so I'm not sure if I could get those back too.

If it's possible, let me know!
TheListener_
Forumember

Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent24 Thu Nov 18 2010, 01:34

oh ok. He won't be on for another 8 hours though. He should respond promptly Wink
Agent24
Agent24
Forumember

Male Posts : 813
Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener_ Thu Nov 18 2010, 01:38

Alright, thank you very much! I'll PM a moderator to move this to that section, so that I can get a fast reply from him. Very Happy
TheListener_
Forumember

Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener_ Thu Nov 18 2010, 01:42

^ Once again, sorry for double post.

All posts and topics seem to be back, only that the "Latest Posts" was a little screwed up. All back to normal now!

Thanks a ton to Forumotion for having this awesome backup system. I don't know what I'd have done without it!
TheListener_
Forumember

Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Thu Nov 18 2010, 06:22

Since this thread is marked solved, I will lock this thread.
Almost 10,000 posts lost 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down