The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

How Do I?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved How Do I?

Post by Awaken28 on December 1st 2010, 1:47 am

Well I Have 2 Groups Moderator And Super Moderator I Would Like To Make It So Mods Cant Ban And Super Mods Can How Do I Do This?

Awaken28

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How Do I?

Post by kirk on December 1st 2010, 3:17 am

well fist thing, if you have moderators that might ban another staff member then they should not be part of your team/staff. you have to have staff that gets along.. of course you may have some difference and different opinions.. but if you think someone on your staff with mod powers to ban might get mad at another staff member and ban them.. then you should think twice if you want to allow them to be part of staff with mod powers.

So unfortunately the answer would be no. You can either allow your mods to ban or not. i mean you can have a group called moderator and just do not give them moderator permissions/tools to where they would not have the ability to ban anyone. but that kind of defeats the purpose as well.
And remember if you did have a mod ban another mod. you as admin or can always un-ban.

Awaken28.
I understand you are new here. but,(How Do I do This) is not an appropriate title here on forumotion support.. that can be anything?You have to have titles that are explicit and detailed to what ever your question or problem is so staff or other member know what it is and something the can help with or answer befor entering the topic..
Like for this post you could have said.

(Question about moderator banning permissions) or something like that.. lol
So next time please use a topic that pertains to the problem or question you may have.
Thank you Smile

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Awaken28 on December 1st 2010, 3:39 am

@kirk wrote:well fist thing, if you have moderators that might ban another staff member then they should not be part of your team/staff. you have to have staff that gets along.. of course you may have some difference and different opinions.. but if you think someone on your staff with mod powers to ban might get mad at another staff member and ban them.. then you should think twice if you want to allow them to be part of staff with mod powers.

So unfortunately the answer would be no. You can either allow your mods to ban or not. i mean you can have a group called moderator and just do not give them moderator permissions/tools to where they would not have the ability to ban anyone. but that kind of defeats the purpose as well.
And remember if you did have a mod ban another mod. you as admin or can always un-ban.

Awaken28.
I understand you are new here. but,(How Do I do This) is not an appropriate title here on forumotion support.. that can be anything?You have to have titles that are explicit and detailed to what ever your question or problem is so staff or other member know what it is and something the can help with or answer befor entering the topic..
Like for this post you could have said.

(Question about moderator banning permissions) or something like that.. lol
So next time please use a topic that pertains to the problem or question you may have.
Thank you Smile

My Question Is How Do I Disable Mods Banning Permissions?

Awaken28

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisset on December 1st 2010, 3:46 am

Admin CP > General > Security > Mark Disallow Moderators to ban members as Yes

Brisset
Forumember

Male Posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Awaken28 on December 1st 2010, 3:58 am

@Brisset wrote:Admin CP > General > Security > Mark Disallow Moderators to ban members as Yes
Thanks

Awaken28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 1st 2010, 4:50 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.

Sanket Smile

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum