The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot control my forum permissions completely.

2 posters

Go down

Cannot control my forum permissions completely. Empty Cannot control my forum permissions completely.

Post by Neoroify December 2nd 2010, 4:22 pm

Greetings everyone, I am attempting to edit a forum permissions that only Members, Guests and admins only can view the forums while Moderators and Special-Ranks can not view it, I go to Forum Permissions and use Advanced Options, When i attempt to check Guests and Members, the Special Ranks also gets checked, When i uncheck Members, the Guests and Special Ranks are unchecked.

The problem i am encountering is, I can not uncheck Special Ranks & Moderators when i have Members and Guests checked.
Ex. Below:
Cannot control my forum permissions completely. 2ez1x5e

Is there a possible way to go through this problem? All i want to do is be able to uncheck Special Ranks and Moderators if i checked Members and/or Guests. Should i use Tampering to do that or what? And if it is Tampering, how can i do that?
Neoroify
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Cannot control my forum permissions completely. Empty Re: Cannot control my forum permissions completely.

Post by Sanket December 2nd 2010, 11:05 pm

For this to control, you need to make a Members group. Minimum number of posts to enter this group can be set to 0. Then you can work with these permissions.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Cannot control my forum permissions completely. Empty Re: Cannot control my forum permissions completely.

Post by Neoroify December 3rd 2010, 1:03 am

Hmmm but unfortunately creating a new group titled "Members" will force me to set every new member into this group, There is no option to set minimum posts in the group administrating, only in ranks administrating.
Neoroify
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 3rd 2010, 9:17 am

There is an option in the group administration.

Group auto-subscribe : Yes

Minimum posts:0
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoroify December 4th 2010, 7:57 pm

I will check that out.
Neoroify
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoroify December 5th 2010, 4:52 am

I've tried it, Guess what.. Also Special Ranked ppl and Moderators can see the forum, Because i set the post count to 0, then all who has 0 posts will be able to see the forum, so.. Special Ranks and Moderators as default or not has 0+ posts, and can view the forum, that sux -.-'
Neoroify
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 5th 2010, 10:34 am

Oh well, see first of all you will need to make a special ranked group too. Uncheck their permissions to see that forum.

Make sure the moderators & special ranked people are not in the members group.

However, i find it weird that you want a majority of users to see it & just not the members & staff members.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum