The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help and advice please if possible

2 posters

Go down

Help and advice please if possible Empty Help and advice please if possible

Post by morningstar107 December 5th 2010, 4:14 pm

i run a psychic forums that is linked to my website and chatrooms, i have had some trouble with another forum which does the same thing as mine

the forums was self register and i got up yesterday morning and 20 people had joined my site and spammed it every single topic post and thread had their link to thiers attached to it, it took me five and half hours and box of kleenex later to rid the forums of all the spam, i was mortified

i have now stopped members from joining until i feel its safer and made sure that the forum is as secure as i can make it...

this morning they decided as they couldnt get into the forums they would attack the chatrooms and sat in there spamming their site address yet again, i went in cloaked and booted them out, now the chatrooms has been changed also that i have to add members and not self registration.. so thats the forums and chatrooms safe, since this has happened they have e-mail me and said they are going to hack my forum, so now yet again i have worries about not being in there

is there anyway i can make the forums hack proof or do something to save all my hard work of the past two years incase they do come in and hack it

sorry its so long winded but im in need of help
thankyou

michelle
morningstar107

Female Posts : 13
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Help and advice please if possible Empty Re: Help and advice please if possible

Post by Tilum December 5th 2010, 4:32 pm

Is the other forum Forumotion?

~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by morningstar107 December 5th 2010, 6:49 pm

hi tilum

no its not forumotion
morningstar107

Female Posts : 13
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum December 5th 2010, 10:25 pm

Ok.

Chances are that they're bluffing. It's easy to say you will hack something, but it's something completely different to actually carry out an attack. Just in case make sure that your password is safe and any other administrators's passwords are safe too. This means long, with capitals and numbers.
Also, would you mind PMing me the link to the abusive forum - i want to see who it's hosted by.

Cheers,
~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum