The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Tapatalk

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tapatalk

Post by jim96 on December 7th 2010, 10:22 pm

I want to use tapatalk for my forum and I have phpbb3 but to install it I need to edit this file
Code:
Edit the file /<phpBB3_root>/styles/{YOUR_STYLE}/template/overall_footer.html
and insert this code:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="mobiquo/tapatalkdetect.js"></script>
but i cannot beacause i don't have the rights to...What can it be done?

Spoiler:
this is what i am supposed to install tapatalk to my forum:
Place the zip package at the root of your forum system.
Unzip the package. You should see a directory called "mobiquo" inside your forum system root directory. For example, if your forum URL is http://www.mysite.com/forum, it should be placed at http://www.mysite.com/forum/mobiquo/.
Edit the file /<phpBB3_root>/styles/{YOUR_STYLE}/template/overall_footer.html
Search in this file:

</body>
</html>

Insert the following line above them

<script type="text/javascript" src="mobiquo/tapatalkdetect.js"></script>

Purge the forum cache by logging in to the administration panel, find "Resynchronize or reset statistics" in the "General" section, click "Purge the cache".

Is such a thing able to be done to a forumotion forum???

Thanks.

jim96
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Language : English

http://acprojects.forumgreek.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tapatalk

Post by MrMario on December 8th 2010, 12:48 am

This doesn't work.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by april h on December 15th 2010, 2:45 pm

At any point would this be supported with forumotion? Most of my members do a good majority of posting from their mobile phones. It would be very advantageous to have, I think.

april h

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoroify on December 15th 2010, 2:46 pm

Well, copy the code you want to insert and just paste it after the <head> string in the overall_footer or how ever it is named, once you're done, save and add the edited template!

Note: I am not sure if this is possible in the forum version you're using!

Neoroify
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on December 16th 2010, 6:12 am

@april h wrote:At any point would this be supported with forumotion? Most of my members do a good majority of posting from their mobile phones. It would be very advantageous to have, I think.
Sorry but we don't support them. :/

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by C3H6O3 on January 25th 2011, 5:34 am

Joph25 wrote:
@april h wrote:At any point would this be supported with forumotion? Most of my members do a good majority of posting from their mobile phones. It would be very advantageous to have, I think.

Joph25,

Why not? Get with the times, man!!! We just added a forum under you guys, I'll leave if you don't add it.

C3H6O3

Back to top Go down

Post by C3H6O3 on January 25th 2011, 5:36 am

Joph25 wrote:

OMG!! You are 15?!!!

What have we gotten ourselves into?!!

Rolling Eyes

C3H6O3

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on January 25th 2011, 6:23 am

Hi,

At the moment there is no Mobile Phone version of our forums, but Ive noticed that the majority of phones these days, already load fm forums without any issues, and really quickly, and are still light on data use (assuming your site isn't heavy of codes)

It may be coming in an update in the future, but we don't know as we don't have any direct communication to the techs who develop our forums & Updates.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 25th 2011, 10:07 am

@C3H6O3 wrote:
Joph25 wrote:

OMG!! You are 15?!!!

Rolling Eyes

What are you talking about? If you have nothing else to say that will help on the topic then please don't, back on topic.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by C3H6O3 on January 25th 2011, 4:27 pm

Joph25 wrote:
@C3H6O3 wrote:
Joph25 wrote:

OMG!! You are 15?!!!

Rolling Eyes

What are you talking about? If you have nothing else to say that will help on the topic then please don't, back on topic.

My apologies -- just was disappointed with your short response; "we don't support them". Why not? Some sort of explanation would be nice, don't you think?

I use Tapatalk for other public forums, and it makes it more efficient than shrinking, expanding, and searching around the screen. Know what I mean?

Once again, I apologize -- just frustrated.

H

C3H6O3

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on January 25th 2011, 7:54 pm

Some of the reasons as to why you can't answer is because its not supported. The techs don't allow php scripts to be inserted by users.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by C3H6O3 on January 25th 2011, 10:54 pm

@MrMario wrote:Some of the reasons as to why you can't answer is because its not supported. The techs don't allow php scripts to be inserted by users.

Why not? There are over 10,000 forums available on Tapatalk.

h

Last edited by C3H6O3 on January 25th 2011, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add another sentence.)

C3H6O3

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on January 25th 2011, 10:56 pm

That is a question for the techs.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on January 26th 2011, 3:26 am

@Darren1 wrote:At the moment there is no Mobile Phone version of our forums, but Ive noticed that the majority of phones these days, already load fm forums without any issues, and really quickly, and are still light on data use (assuming your site isn't heavy of codes)
I think you meant: (assuming your site isn't heavy of images)

The logo image on this board is 36K. That one image requires more data downloading than all the scripts on my IPBDion board COMBINED! And the logo image here is miniscule in size compared to many I've seen on graphics-intensive boards.

This is the reason why mobile skins have so few images. Not only does this make pages load faster, but depending on their contract, it could possibly save money for the person viewing the page.

To the topic: Tapatalk support requires installation of several PHP scripts on the server, and that means it must be done by forumotion. But more important, Tapatalk does not support phpBB2, and that is what all forumotion boards have as their server-side software. So even if forumotion wanted to add Tapatalk support, they could not do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by C3H6O3 on January 26th 2011, 4:28 am

@Dion wrote:
@Darren1 wrote:At the moment there is no Mobile Phone version of our forums, but Ive noticed that the majority of phones these days, already load fm forums without any issues, and really quickly, and are still light on data use (assuming your site isn't heavy of codes)
I think you meant: (assuming your site isn't heavy of images)

The logo image on this board is 36K. That one image requires more data downloading than all the scripts on my IPBDion board COMBINED! And the logo image here is miniscule in size compared to many I've seen on graphics-intensive boards.

This is the reason why mobile skins have so few images. Not only does this make pages load faster, but depending on their contract, it could possibly save money for the person viewing the page.

To the topic: Tapatalk support requires installation of several PHP scripts on the server, and that means it must be done by forumotion. But more important, Tapatalk does not support phpBB2, and that is what all forumotion boards have as their server-side software. So even if forumotion wanted to add Tapatalk support, they could not do so.

Ahh, yes -- you are right!!! I just checked with Tapatalk -- they support phpBB3. I guess forumotion is a little behind the technology curve(?). No insults intended!! :-)

Probably going to have to go with a different way to support our forum. :-(

H

C3H6O3

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on January 27th 2011, 1:41 am

Dion, Yea, I did mean images...wow, how'd I miss that?

C3, As a matter of fact, unfortunately, all of our forum brands are mashed up with PHPBB2 coding TT
I'm sorry to see you may have to leave Sad

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum